Seeking Advice

I want to have adventure but am stuck with over protective parents and expectations from family
1
|
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/54/56/49/waleskinder-K7mvqUeOM-b.jpg]
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@10925,waleskinder] what's this ???
wildness and adventure ..
whateverhappens · 22-25, F
then now is the time to move away from that
Picklebobble2 · 51-55, M
Gotta assert your independence at some point.
they may not like it, but they will respect it.
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@448576,Picklebobble2] It's considered rude and they'll wont respect it,,,It's India
Thevy29 · 31-35, M
Don't tell them your going until your gone.
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@1733,Bottomschmackenloudenboomer] the first you are is also you are only,,,lol
[@599670,SanaRP98] I still don't get it why people do that. 🤔
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@1733,Bottomschmackenloudenboomer] neither do i
th3r0n · 31-35, M
From what I've seen, having adventures is costly. Need money for food, transportation, equipment, and whatever else comes up.

If you want adventure, get a boring desk job that makes good money and live an exciting life outside of it, that way you're not tired and can wear yourself out as much as you want physically for adventuring.
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@517919,th3r0n] This is true. But with few hundred dollars I can enjoy a spend a month out without worrying of going bankrupt.. It's India
coary987 · M
Sit down with them young man and go through what you hey ate worried about.
Good parents are rare they only are trying to protect you buddy.
But if you tell them about your adventure i am sure one of them will think about themselves wanting to do the same at your age.
Take care be safe.
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@78655,coary987] I ve spoken about it to them,,,My dad's frightened to send me to a nearby city ( 2hour travel) and I am suffocating a lot already...He's afraid a lot and as a family it's been more than 10 years we've gone to outing
coary987 · M
[@599670,SanaRP98] pm me my friend
swirlie · 26-30, F
That's what college and university is really for... not an education because you really won't get one, but to use either as a springboard to launch yourself out of your parent's house!
swirlie · 26-30, F
[@599670,SanaRP98]

Oh, you absolutely MUST break free from their expectations! You see, parents will not normally 'tell' their kid to move on, because it goes against their family values.

What parents 'want' to see instead, is their kid take the lead and TELL the parents that it is time for their child to go, at which point the parents will cry and say "no, no, no... please stay!!!", when in fact they really want you to get on your way but don't have the guts to tell you.

Therefore, you have to give the parents an 'out' by declaring to THEM, that it is your time to leave the nest, it is YOUR idea, not their's. Doing so will actually help your parents more than your own actions will aid yourself.

The very last thing a parent wants in reality, is their kid living in their basement beyond the age of 21. Under NO circumstances, should you move back into your parents basement after you have completed your education, even for a short period of time. Huge mistake.
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@332402,swirlie] Your WORDS RING DEEP IN MY MIND NOW...Thanks
swirlie · 26-30, F
[@599670,SanaRP98]

You're welcome! Enjoy your new-found freedom!
sighmeupforthat · 36-40, M
takes much planning to pursue adventure let alone be it.
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@341171,sighmeupforthat] True that !! Have heard this from Adventurous YouTuber's advice
You are old enough to leave home and get your own place.
[@599670,SanaRP98] Then what? I wasn't going to add to that last comment, so there was no "then". 🤔
SanaRP98 · 18-21, M
[@1733,Bottomschmackenloudenboomer] okay
[@599670,SanaRP98] :)

Seeking Advice

I want to have adventure but am stuck with over pr... | Seeking Advice | Similar Worlds