To the people here who wears glasses, have people ever made fun of you for wearing glasses?

In my case, yes it happened in school days. They used to make fun of me calling me soda buddi and laughing.
FairydustF
I don鈥檛 wear them but think they look good 馃
AsificairM
I've spent a lifetime - no one will find them 馃槓
AmyreevesF
yes i was teased for them
Thevy2936-40, M
I didn't have glasses when I was a kid. I really should have. Kind of glad I didn't. The savages I went to school with wouldn't of stopped trying to beat me up cause of the glasses anyway.
Thevy2936-40, M
[@1204421,Bradrick123] My 6th grade teacher liked to take the students into the storage room and physically hurt them or just lock them up in a cupboard during recess or lunch. None of the parents believed us.
Then one day he tried it with this farm-kid-ape-boy and got his lights knocked out. So we rebelled in a big way. That teacher resigned. Sadly he went on to become a principle in another school.
Bradrick12318-21, M
[@622125,Thevy29] Oh thats really sad. Where are you from?
Thevy2936-40, M
[@1204421,Bradrick123] Ceduna, South Australia.
cuhraiZ46-50, F
Nope, not even in my younger years.

Closest I have come to being made fun of was being told I was trying to look like Ugly Betty, when I had black frames.
BlueSkyKingM
Children act like children. No surprise.
JaggedLittlePill41-45, F
Yes. It was the source of insult for most of my childhood.

Then I stopped wearing them and I was made fun of for my crossed eye.

There was no winning. People who want to bully you will find anything to bully you over.
No, never. I started wearing them when I was 20 though.
But last time I met my brother he has stated matter-of-factly that if we lived couple of centuries ago nature would deal with us in its own way... 馃し鈥嶁檧锔
exexec61-69, M
No, but a few did ask how a guy with thick glasses could be a better athlete than any of them.
cherokeepatti61-69, F
Yeah in 6th grade but I didn鈥檛 care.
Gangstress36-40, F
馃槶 I used to be that person,then I got glasses 馃憮
Jeffrey5151-55, M
I鈥檝e been wearing glasses since I was 6 year old. Been called every name in the book.