I love how the Lincoln Project forgot that the Soviet Union doesn't exist anymore.

Their anti-Trump ads show hammer and sickle emblems emblazoned on everything and keep making reference to Trump's alliance with the USSR's political leaders. Guy, you're 30 years too late.
OggggO · 31-35, M Best Comment
Remember, despite disliking Trump, they’re still Republicans, with all the outdated fears and beliefs that entails.
QuixoticSoul · 36-40, M
[@328832,OggggO] That and remember who they're marketing to.
LvChris · 41-45, M
[@580625,QuixoticSoul] Exactly. They know their audience and targeted it effectively.

HannibalAteMeOut · 18-21, F
Funny how many people in the USA think that Russia is still communist
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@6602,helenS] And now, finally, we can eat cake 🍰
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] When Chou En-Lai was asked his view of what the effects of the French Revolution were, he said “it’s too soon to tell.”
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@1026,HazelMotes] Oh dear lord. That's fucking precious. How late in life was he asked that?
lightningblue · 22-25, M
idk what the lincoln project is
but I heard SOCIALISM IS EVIL
but all the closest friends of usa are socialist ( UK, australia, canada, france, germany, japan.... )
lightningblue · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] republicans that are opposed to trump sounds good
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@6528,lightningblue] It sounds good but their reasons for being anti-Trump are bad. Like "He should stop doing peace talks with the DPRK so we can go to war already."
lightningblue · 22-25, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] my problem with trump is that he acts like a clown, I feel like he was the president to only the ones that likes him
what he actually did, I dont think its that bad
but he destroyed all the good he did with shitting on democracy
LookingForTheSummer · 31-35, M
A Trump supporter here was saying that Biden will turn the United States into a communist country like Venezuela. When I asked why he simply just said because Biden is a communist.🤷‍♂️
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@676876,LookingForTheSummer] The best part is that Venezuela isn't even communist 😂 But these people just say whatever they think sounds good.

I know real, actual hardcore communists. They haaaaaate Biden.
LookingForTheSummer · 31-35, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I don't know how they live with that IQ.
And yes, real communists hate Biden and Trump equally. To them, they're both capitalist pigs. Lol
MilitantIrishman · 26-30, M
They are an odd bunch of people. I'm not who they think supports them but it seems to me that pretty much everyone dislikes them for one reason or another.
bookerdana · M
Lol,the ex Republicans were just set up to troll Trump,get into his head😏
I think ,say,Steve Schmidt might of gotten the memo
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@335376,bookerdana] It's an example of our enemy's enemy not always being our friend.
Inaccurate, sure, but their stuff was powerful.

What always made me wonder about the LP was their audience, and my guess is most of the audience they were aiming at didn't get hung up on "fine" distinctions like communists, former communists, etc.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@1026,HazelMotes] That's plausible. Kind of a red herring so obvious that most anyone could sniff it out except for Trump since he's such a reactionary.
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] I've never doubted that Putin wanted Trump over Hillary for just that reason.

It's always seemed clear to me that Trump's divisiveness and incompetence served Putin's interests, even without collusion.
LvChris · 41-45, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] Putin got everything he wanted very early with Trump's, "What, you think we're so innocent?" That's all he needed. That was the false equivalency pushed by Russia (even back to it's USSR days) that was needed. All the propaganda that was pushed for decades was suddenly confirmed by the leader of the opposing nation.

Everything else, the rest of the country burning to ash that is, is just gravy.
Trump is a secret time traveler with ties to the soviet union and the ottoman empire!
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@695370,Straylight] Aha! I knew it!
ShayAdonia · 22-25, F
The 80’s called, they want they’re foreign policy back.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
[@474305,ShayAdonia] 😂😂
MagnifiqueGirl · 18-21
doesn’t it like still excuse in secret ?
QuixoticSoul · 36-40, M
[@9288,MagnifiqueGirl] huh?