What are your thoughts on Social Network Censoring? Facebook and Twitter have both taken down a HUGE New York Post Story.
Is this illegal? Are they censoring the press? Is this an in kind contribution to the Biden campaign? Was it because the New York Post Story was about Hunter Biden's laptop contents, discovered after Hunter Biden dropped off his laptop for repair while drunk and failed to pick it up or pay for the repair?

Twitter has locked out the White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, and she says they have [i]permanently [/i]locked out her account. Twitter has also locked out the entire Trump campaign account.

BOTH Facebook and Twitter have locked out the New York Post for daring to publish a story that exposes the depth of corruption discovered on Hunter Biden's laptop.

Today an FEC complaint was filed against Twitter and Facebook, regarding suppression of information and in kind contributions.

A SECOND and THIRD corroboration of the truth of the corruption exposed on this laptop have come forward. Hunter Biden's former business partner, who was JAILED while Hunter went free, has now donated 26,000 emails related to the Biden corruption issue, and Hunter Biden's PARTNER has now donated thousands of emails of her own.

The American people deserve to know ALL the facts...and corrupt social media outlets are hiding the facts. Why? WHAT is so shameful that it needs to be quickly hidden? Hmmm?
cherokeepatti · 61-69, F Best Comment
I believe it is like tv networks giving an advantage to one candidate over another
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
[@387713,4meAndyou] surprised they didn't get deleted
4meAndyou · F
[@502796,Sibo191] I am REALLY surprised...that the jailed business partner has not been killed.
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
[@387713,4meAndyou] give it time.

JT123 · M
Can't allow the Biden sheep to hear those nasty crimes by their hero!
FloorGenAdm · 46-50, M
Guess you'll have to buy the paper if you don't want fake news?
4meAndyou · F
[@454355,FloorGenAdm] The uproar is because so many people get all of their news on Facebook and Twitter. A very large segment of the population will never hear about this corruption before the election.
FloorGenAdm · 46-50, M
[@387713,4meAndyou] Cheap skates. ⛸️
JT123 · M
[@387713,4meAndyou] If it was Trump's son though, it would be on the news 24/7 until the election
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/02/26/83/40/theOnebianyouwerewarnedabout-tHfeUqUYlcP2o19.jpg]
xxxzzzxxx · 41-45, M
Nah, I think it's fine. I don't use either
1. What kind of dumb-fuck would take his computer to a repair shop, knowing how sensitive the information is on it?

2. I think, and hope, that in Trump's second term, he breaks those two monopolies. They're both too powerful to exist. Actually, Google/YouTube also has to be broken down.
[@16806,cherokeepatti]

Yes they are, but our drones can solve that problem tomorrow. I hope it doesn't come to that. We need to bring manufacturing back to America. I would be willing to pay more. My multi-vitamins are made in China. Almost everything is made in China. Cheap prices are nice, but everything comes with a hidden price tag.
[@1067735,RightSaidFred] bring the jobs here and also give some jobs to our neighbors to the south. It might motivate their citizens to stay home if they have steady jobs.
4meAndyou · F
[@1067735,RightSaidFred] Re: troops in South Korea, we did fight a war there. We establish bases in various countries where we have fought wars, and keep them there to make sure the enemy no longer threatens Democracy in the region. We have an obligation to South Korea, and to Japan, and to our allies in the South Pacific.

North Korea was called to China after shooting off nuclear capable missiles and making threats, and North Korea calmed down soon afterward. ALL people know that North Korea has become the dog of China. It is not in China's stealthy, sneaky, long term expansionist plan to have a war in the region with the USA.
The left is their paycheck, that's why. Where one plays dirty, all play dirty.
4meAndyou · F
[@1137766,DandelionDesires] Good insight. I have heard that Silicon Valley is completely in the bag. BUT...one good thing about the results of all the recent working from home is that more companies are beginning to realize they can operate remotely...which frees their workers to live in ANY state.
clothos · 61-69, F
I think the time has come when laws should be passed to make fake news a crime with serious punishment.
I think that will be the only way to stop people from using lies in ways that are harmful to democracy and public trust.
4meAndyou · F
[@384528,clothos] And that would work BOTH ways. Right?
clothos · 61-69, F
[@387713,4meAndyou] Of course!
The test is evidence.

Facts are what everyone needs in order to make functional choices about the things that most influence their lives.

If there is evidence to prove a statement made by the news, then it is legitimate news irrespective of whether the facts favour the left or right of politics or any other issue.
BobGrant45 · 70-79, M
Social media should be like the Phone Company. They have no right to listen to, record, or censor what you or I say.
CantExplain · 61-69, M
I stand for the 1st Amendment (as well as the 2nd) but FB and Twitter are private entities. They can suppress what they want. The good news is that there are multiplicity of other outlets such as SW to put the word out. The truth cannot be suppressed forever. Even in the former Soviet Union the people would find the truth.
[@1145559,CantExplain]

That's true, but in a democracy, private enterprises can be broken up if they become a monopoly.

Look at "Ma Bell" Just imagine if there was only one source of food on the planet. They could charge $100 for a cup of rice.
CantExplain · 61-69, M
[@1067735,RightSaidFred] you’re absolutely correct. That’s why entities such as SW and 4chan are so important. I suspect that people are going to move to other platforms. Having said that, it certainly won’t break my heart to see FB busted up.
[@1145559,CantExplain]

SW is one grain of sand in the desert. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snap chat, are institutions that are unbeatable.

I very well remember when YouTube was owned and created by two college kids.

Google tried to compete with "Google Videos"

They didn't stand a chance, because YouTube had been "branded" it was the standard.

Google failed to compete, so they did the next best thing...

Google: Hey, kids, I want to buy your company.

Kids: Fuck you. We're not selling out to the "man."

Google: OK, I understand. But I was planning on giving each of you kids one billion dollars.

Kids: Wait....what?

True story.

Google doesn't compete, they just buy your ass.

Just like they bought the Android operating system and countless other entities.