If trump replaced the 2/3rd rule in congress for supreme court picks and some legislation, wudn't that replace the need for 2/3rd majority to impeach?
I think so can't have one and not the other.
0
|
Edited: 3 mths ago
firefall · 61-69, M Best Answer
1. Trump didnt do that, the senate majority leader did. And it's a different area, so revoking it for SCOTUS picks doesnt affect impeachment (which is embedded & defined in the Constitution, unlike SCOTUS and cabinet choices)
jehova · 26-30, M
[@1725,firefall] that's the best answer; thanks.
abe182 · 41-45, M
No.
St0ut · 46-50, M
Well he can’t
No.
[@32863,jehova] Its not going to happen. He can't
jehova · 26-30, M
[@937042,Copperhead99] he allegedly did? the nuclear option?
MasterLee · 51-55, M
[@32863,jehova] have you read the constitution?
MasterLee · 51-55, M
The nuclear option was used by democrats and now they whine about it when not in power. Lol.
MasterLee · 51-55, M
[@32863,jehova] obamas entire term was a felony. Lets move on.
jehova · 26-30, M
[@9463,MasterLee] I'd like to see citation on that one, but like you said I'd rather move on.
MasterLee · 51-55, M
[@32863,jehova] so much for a citation on yours as well
Deadcutie · 13-15, F
I’m not to political savvy , but I know he does not have that kind of authority, even if he did make a executive rule, it would be first time in history congress vetoed it with a 99-100 % opposition,And barring that, the Supreme Court would laugh at his ass as they struck it down with a 100% opposed..
in fact it would probably be the first time congress worked together since I was born...
Trump cannot replace--or alter---or do away with congressional rules...period. He thinks he can--because he don't have a clue what the Constitution says and even when he does he tries to ignore it and just bluster his way into telling his cult he will just do this or that anyway--------but it's not gonna happen.
[@526516,Deadcutie] That's not "writing away".......it's removing one provision and he didn't do that. Congress did.
Deadcutie · 13-15, F
[@539720,anythingoes477] I’m pretty sure it was a executive order
[@526516,Deadcutie] And E.O's are virtually worthless. They do not change standing law. They are not laws. They are not amendments to bills. It takes nothing to nullify them when he is gone on day #1 of the next prez. Trump has bragged how he's the busiest prez ever.........but 90% of what he's done are E.O's and out of the bills he has signed over 1/3 of them are appointments to life long jobs, naming highways and buildings and bridges and saying things like "we need to create a budget so this is what I propose", nullifying ENFORCEMENT of the Clean Act Act, The Clean water Act, and nullifying the Endangered Species Act.....etc. in actuality he has signed one meaningful "law" since taking office----the tax scam for the 1%---which immediately added $1.7 trillion to our national budget. Not exactly kicking butt as a prez. But then when ya play golf 4 days a week and Tweet an average of 4 hours a day---what can we expect?
eli1601 · 61-69, M
It used to be a 60 vote rule for judges, but not as a final vote. Only to bring the vote to the Senate floor. That was a Senate rule. Nothing to do with Trump or any president.

The impeach, actually the convict, thing is in the Constitution. Big difference. Not that you would even get a majority to vote to convict.
[image=https://photos1.similarworlds.com/00/00/00/00/00/64/93/99/theoneyouwerewarnedabout-fSJll71Sx-b.jpg]
ISpeakTheTruth · 31-35, M
What do you mean? I think a supreme court nominee doesn't need 2/3 the vote to be elected into the supreme court, only 51.

If trump replaced the 2/3rd rule in congress for s... | Politics | Similar Worlds