I Am Very Selective When It Comes to Letting People Get Close

I have very few friends in real life and often prefer to be alone, that's why I'm fiercely loyal to them and try my best to maintain communication with them. I don't like shallow friendships and whenever a new person tries to get invol...
7
1 day ago
|
Went to a Psychic recently. She said we were married in a previous life. That, while it was totally okay to talk art and stuff, nothing else would come of it. We were just reminding each other what Love was and is or whatever. Just never figured out ...
2
1 day ago
|
Time reveals who people really are.. It takes time to build and earn trust..
3
|
There two rules in life: 1. Never give out all the information. 2.
18
|
*long rant* The passing of time makes certain things clear... people don't change unless they work on it, really hard. Well, certain aspects always change, obviously. Health, cognitive decline in some people... yeah, well. Just a couple of week...
0
|
True......
3
|
I'm anti social. But it can change if I'm hanging out with some people I trust and I know. I'm taking risk by distant myself than socialise with them because if I want some friends I want to them trust me as much as I trust them. S...
4
|
It's funny how I can feel relaxed amongst a large crowd of people, like a fair or festival setting. But get me in a small space with a few people, I become withdrawn, on-guard.
1
|
I will chat with anyone but letting someone close to me rarely happens.
12
|
Life has taught me that you can't control someone's loyalty, no matter how good you are to them, doesn't mean that they will treat you the same. No matter how much they mean to you, doesn't mean that they will value you the same...
2
|
I've met someone. Finally. Like really met someone and just clicked on so many levels. But I don't know if I want or know how to let them in. It's not been that long since we started talking. But still I'm scared he'll see me...
1
|
It is better being alone than being with a wrong person...
8
|
Not everyone has the same heart as I do, and having had my heart broken beyond belief I have learned to be more cautious in my attempt to protect it. Especially concerning men. Bad memories, hurtful words and betrayal have made me more careful about ...
12
|
Sssssss ....
16
|
.... But I never meet a stranger. I worked in the pubic all my life. I enjoyed interacting with folks. I am queen of friendly and caring small talk. I even have an essence that has drawn some to me. .... But I am very selective when it comes to letti...
6
|
I have friendly but sort of superficial relationships with a lot of people, but there really are only a handful of people that I'd say I'm really close to. But I trust those people and I think I've chosen them well
4
|
I'm a member of the Self Preservation Society.
10
|
My mother insists I need to be circumspect, because my being of mixed race can impact on my life with some people. She has been made to think like this by adverse experience that I haven't had at all! However, I am slow to trust people because ...
2
|
It’s not that I’m that selective but it does take me time to let you get close. Sometimes I’ll make a leap of faith depending how I’m feeling emotionally and I’ll let people in sooner because I will go with my first real impression of you.
2
|
I came out of the closet and at first all of my straight guy friends were very supportive. As time went on some quit responding to texts and calls, some came up with excuses to not hang out and before I knew it I was ghosted. These guys were my best ...
1
|

For anybody who has a hard time -really- opening up to people, because of past relationships or experiences..
Categories: Dating and Relationships, Parenting and Family

I Am Very Selective When It Comes to Letting People Get Close | Similar Worlds