LGBT

Are there more than two genders?
A sensitive topic now days is that some people think there are more than two genders? Do you think there are or are not? Dicuss and be civil.
2
|
Well for me I kind of put it into 3 camps..sex, gender, and gender expression. I believe sex and gender are pretty irrevocably linked, besides for some rare abnormalities..but gender expression is basically limitless and depending on the amount of different hormones you produce and the environment you're raised will determine how you express your gender in various ways, which is why you can have very feminine males and extremely masculine females. At the end of the day I don't believe you can really change your biology, regardless of surgery or hormone therapy, but the social constructs that determine how males and females should behave, dress, etc. certainly can change.
jeancolby · 26-30, F
Only two genders, many more agenders.
puck61 · 56-60, M
I believe there are three. Male, Female, and Hermaphrodite. All this "identity" crap is nothing but a way for people to facilitate being a 'victim'. All the little culture warrior progs want to be victims so they fabricate identities in the hopes that someone will offend them.
Noahkahol · 90-99, M
[@3557,puck61] hermaphrodite isn't a third but birth defect cannot reproduce.
puck61 · 56-60, M
[@377644,Noahkahol] I'll buy that. Two it is, then!
Noahkahol · 90-99, M
[@3557,puck61] These young kids minds have been subverted by college professors that were brain damaged by dropping acid in the hippy days.

Someone should have warned them not to take them so seriously. Lol

Chaoticneutral · 26-30, M
Just the two. There's intersex born people but it's incredibly rare.
What we choose to identify as, and what is are very different.
You have a right to say what you are, but it doesn't make it factually true.
Biologically speaking there are five sex categories, male, female, hermaphrodites, male pseudo-hermaphrodites, female pseudo-hermaphrodites.. Those three are called the intersex.

Genders are expressions, most times social, which is why often people feel outraged or uncomfortable seeing what they consider to be a male, expressing himself as the typical perception of a woman in his outfits or language gestures. It's not within the acceptable code.

They are socially assigned or acquired and they come with either personal expectations or social ones or both.

Yes, there are more than two genders.
Pirate · 22-25, M
[@542305,Miram] I bet most people don't even know the proper biological terms as you stated ._.
lotta whack jobs running around these days ..
titmouse · 41-45, M
There's a 3rd, but beyond that, i have no comment.
TakingBackMidgard · 26-30, M
Intersex? [@885950,TheInebriatedHermit]
titmouse · 41-45, M
[@958504,TakingBackMidgard] Something like that, the kind that's both.
KidAzazel · 18-21
As its defined now, sex and gender are two separate things. One has to do with biology, the other has more to do with a mentality and personal identification with how masculine, feminine, both or neither one feels. So yes, there are more than two genders
Honestly, it doesn’t bother or impact me how others choose to identify themselves. It’s really none of my business. I don’t understand why so many people get so riled up over this if it doesn’t impact them, but for some reason, it seems to upset the herd.
TakingBackMidgard · 26-30, M
[@812185,BamPow] I’m all for love and let live. I know some go overboard especially in Canada with bill C16 that can punish people if they identify someone with the wrong gender.

Here in the US it’s not like that but again who cares.

We shouldn’t be punished nor should we make a big deal
I’m pro choice across the board. I think people should be free to define and pursue their own happiness as long as they aren’t impeding someone else’s right to do the same. I just don’t see where this issue impedes anyone else’s ability to define and pursue their own happiness. [@958504,TakingBackMidgard]
xixgun · M
[b][i][u][big]No[/big][/u][/i][/b]

LGBT

Are there more than two genders? | LGBT (Page 3) | Similar Worlds