Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join Similar Worlds today »

Help me decide..would you go for psychologist or therapist?

Id like a psychologist because the topics I've discussed with past therapists, they seem to not delve into it with me. I'd love one that's a bit older with many years experience.
So far in my search, I could email a PSYCHOLOGIST only a few years older than me, but she DOES have twenty years Experience. Or, try for a THERAPIST who is older like I wanted, (just not a Dr.)...
TheFragile · 41-45, F
Could you do a phone consult possible with both at different times to get a feel for who you mesh better with? Finding a good psychologist or therapist is kind of like finding a good hair stylist sometimes it takes a long time before you find the right one
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@326696,TheFragile] I thought of that a bit after posting. I think I'll try that🙂
in10RjFox · M
You mean a psychotherapist I suppose. You first need to see a psychologist who will then refer you to a psychotherapist if need be.

But what's the condition you're seeking help for ?
Coralmist · 36-40, F
[@390760,in10RjFox] Trauma, anxiety, PTSD.
in10RjFox · M
[@562099,Coralmist] trauma caused by ?
Tastyfrzz · 56-60, M
[@562099,Coralmist] There probably are groups for that close by. I did a men's group for it. Mine was brought on by my first marriage. Took a couple of years to work through.
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
Look up psychologists who list those issues as their specialities(as well as narc personality disorder as it applies to your situation).
Tastyfrzz · 56-60, M
Why do you think you need a psychologist? Do you have a particular issue or would a group be ok. It's a lot cheaper.

Post Comment
27159 people following
Personal Stories, Advice, and Support
New Post
Associated Groups Category Members