This post may contain Sensitive content.
AdultSensitiveUpdate
Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join SimilarWorlds for FREE »

‘We Own The Streets’: Black Chicago Teens Brutally Attack Couple, Kill Mother’s Unborn Baby

A group of black teens forced a woman to miscarry after she and her husband were brutally attacked as they walked on a Chicago street.

The incident is making its rounds on social media due to the violent nature of the attack, but also because the group reportedly said “we own the street” amid the incident.

41-year-old mother Nina and her husband, who are both white, were returning home from a date night on Friday when at least 10 young people surrounded them in Chicago’s Streeterville neighborhood.

Nina told Fox32 that the teens pepper-sprayed her in the face, kicked her in the stomach, and yanked out a clump of her hair while the mob held back her husband.

We “were kicked, stomped on and punched repeatedly,” she told the outlet.

“We believe in faith and it wasn’t meant to be. So, we don’t know why this happened to us,” she added.

Nina recounted the brutal assault which resulted in her losing her baby, describing what was said to the pair by the teens during the altercation.

“They didn’t steal anything,” she stated, underscoring that the attack was likely more about gang affiliation and the couple being in the wrong place at the wrong time over anything else.

“They say like, ‘we own the street. We own the street. You can’t walk around.’

“I was wearing like a nice dress and heels. Like I was out on the date with my husband, and they dragged my dress on the ground, and they said, like, ‘we own the street.’

“‘You can’t just walk around prancing in your little dress.’ And they were saying things that just didn’t make any sense to me because they don’t know me personally,” she continued.

Fox reported that police officers responded to a call about a battery in progress at 9:17 pm.

A 14-year-old male struck Nina’s husband in the head, while a 17-year-old female pulled the female victim’s hair.

The victims were treated on the scene but declined further medical attention.

Nina showed photos to Fox that revealed a laceration on her face and a chunk of hair ripped from her head. She declined to show her face in the photos.

She also told the outlet that her husband was restrained by the group of teens during the attack and suffered a beating himself.

Authorities took the two teens into custody, charging each with one count of misdemeanor battery, per the Chicago Police Department.

Fox stated that the Cook County State Attorney’s Office has not yet responded to questions about whether the suspects will face additional charges.

Residents held an emergency town hall less than two weeks ago to demand action on teen gangs running riot in a neighborhood where assaults have jumped 12 percent in the last year, Daily Mail reported.

One victim, a Streeterville resident named Mark Wolfe, said, “We moved over here thinking it would be quieter.”

“Now we have we have what my wife and I refer to as the ‘Saturday night scaries’ because of the kids that come in and just cause havoc,” he added.

[image/video - please log in to see this content]

 
Post Comment