Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join Similar Worlds today »

Floor Sealant served as Milk to Elementary Students in Alaska

Floor Sealant served as Milk to Elementary Students in Alaska

Source: NPR

"Students at an elementary school in Alaska complained on Tuesday morning about bad-tasting milk that burned their mouths and throats. Staff quickly realized the students had accidentally been served floor sealant.

A dozen students at Sitʼ Eeti Shaanx̱ Glacier Valley Elementary School in Juneau ingested the floor sealant during breakfast, according to the Juneau School District. One child was treated at Bartlett Regional Hospital, and two others were picked up from the school and may have sought medical attention.

The students, all of whom were participating in the school's Relationships and Leadership, Learning for Youth (RALLY) program, were served what they believed was milk by NANA Management Services (NMS), an Alaska-based food and facility services corporation."


Read more: https://www.npr.org/2022/06/16/1105644787/alaska-students-drank-floor-sealant-not-milk-breakfast-juneau


Apart from the gallon bottle being white, it has no resemblance to milk and the labeling is clear and the cap is not a typical cap for milk. It would have taken a very unobservant person who should not be allowed near food to make this accident and this should not have been stored near food in any case, especially not in a refrigerated area. Seems unlikely that this was an accident.
Longpatrol · 31-35, M
I read that. Godawful

 
Post Comment
 
4,309 people following
News
Personal Stories, Advice, and Support
New Post
Hobbies Movies and TV Politics
Associated Groups Category Members