Only logged in members can reply and interact with the post.
Join Similar Worlds today »

If somebody wanted to could they openly just get up and move to a different state

Or do they have to get a state i.d or something first?
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
Anybody can move ANYWHERE, but they have to either have the paperwork finished or at least started. Anybody who drives needs a license for that state (non-drivers some kind of state I.D.) with a correct and current address. Your last utility bills from the old address need to be paid in full, and your new address has to be noted with the gas and electric companies. If you have a paper delivered, notify them of that change.

I had to do all this when I moved from my childhood home to this apartment.
dumpstermeow · 36-40, F
Nah, you're good. You'll get a new state ID/driver's license once your old one expires.
MaryJanine · 61-69, F
Not in ILLINOIS, you don't. You change it as soon as possible. Especially if you have new-state plates (for your new residence). The cops don't know if you're a true-blue good guy or not. If you get stopped or in an accident and they ask to see your license, how do you explain Minnesota when you now live in Land of Lincoln?

Granted, some people are lazy. But waiting too long doesn't make you a winner.
JustcallmeNameless · 31-35, F
No you just move.

Post Comment
21998 people following
Personal Stories, Advice, and Support
New Post
Group Members