I Want To Write My Random Thoughts And Feelings

I want to build my own house.. By that I don't mean hiring someone else to build one for me.. I mean I want to set the actual stones and boards and nails and what not.. Myself. Personally. 馃槖
36-40
dubkebab51-55, M
It's do-able,I have-for other people,not myself (yet)
You will benefit from experience and might consider hiring on at an entry-level job that will help you with some of the finer points of construction.The work is not easy,but can be very satisfying.
StellasXOF36-40
Ah yeah.. Interesting
dubkebab51-55, M
I am not nearly as skilled as my boss who's been a contractor for 30 plus yers,but after 5 years at it I can do some nice work...and I got into the trade at a later age than you too,dig that !
maybe start with a few small projects like shelves or a garden shed to start getting familiar with the process.
Houses are a MAJOR undertaking to build correctly.
- plus expensive
Challenger1M
I would love to build my own house... I think it would be so cool. Some day perhaps.
AwakeAndDreaming22-25, F
After both their kids left home for university, my best friend's parents moved across the country and bought a piece of property near my best friend's school. They (mostly the father) built their dream home from scratch while camping on the land.

They hired help here and there for certain jobs but the dad did most of the work. He'd been planning it for years.
dubkebab51-55, M
I like the sound of that.
Building a dwelling according to one's own vision is awesome.

Just write whatever Comes into your mind :D

I want to build my own house.. By that I don'... | I Want To Write My Random Thoughts And Feelings | Similar Worlds