How do you deal with feeling jealous in a relationship?

This is a feeling I'm not used to having. And while it's in check now, I was wondering how you deal with it incase it arises again.
TheFragile · 41-45, F
Well if you're in a healthy relationship you talk about it with your partner and hopefully talking about it will make it less if an issue. I think it's when couples internalize and don't talk about that stuff that it starts to fester and get really bad. Just my two cents. It's nice when you have a partner that you can talk to about that kind of stuff
Tryingtofindabalance · 36-40, M
Trust is key... I figure if I treat my wife well and with respect, there isn’t anything to be jealous about. I love my wife, but if she wants to move on I won’t stop her. No point in being jealous or trying to keep something together that isn’t working for both parties. We have no issues, and I think the freedom and trust we share with each other is a main reason.
ZenPearl · F
Honestly, when I felt that way, I told him, and I was going to have a stroke, because I felt so dumb. He was really sweet about it to me, though. I love him so much
ZenPearl · F
[@326696,TheCaterpillar] He's amazing. I'm glad I waited to tell him I like him.
LongGameGal · 36-40, F
[@674752,ZenPearl] yeah, I told him too, and i felt so foolish because i fully trust him, and I dont know why I was feeling jealous. Having a partner you feel comfortable talking to and who is freely reassuring instead of defensive is pretty damn amazing ❤❤
ZenPearl · F
[@1127698,MamaGoneMad] yesssss! I 💯 trust him.
No one else has ever made me feel like that.
Depends on what's causing it
[@1127698,MamaGoneMad] Old friend trying to catch partner's attention?
LongGameGal · 36-40, F
[@776292,BeefySenpie] no, just catch up. And i am really excited for him!! It's weird 🤷 it's definitely a me problem.
[@1127698,MamaGoneMad] Well you're self aware, which is a good thing for your relationship
ginnyfromtheblock · 22-25, F
talking about it, mostly. i always assure myself that a little jealousy is healthy. you’re supposed to care about each other 🤍
DearAmbellina2113 · 36-40, F
I've never experienced that.
LongGameGal · 36-40, F
[@831314,DearAmbellina2113] I haven't since high school, it took me by surprise

I Have Feelings