I Have Anxiety

I’ve been doing better lately. But I still worry that the anxious feelings will come back.

Part of my problem is that I have an obsessive mind. Whatever is the most important priority to me is what I’m going to focus on, with a laser focus. I’m going to obsess, ruminate, overthink, and neglect other important parts of my life.

I think obsession leads to anxiety. No matter how much I obsess about something, there’s a limit to what I can do to resolve the situation. I have so much trouble letting go, once I’ve done everything I *can* do.
6
|
Understand this cycle well. I hope your understanding helps to keep the anxiety at bay xx
ravenwind43 · 46-50, F
Over thinking is a trap...been there more than once. It's something you'll have to work on....keep at it🙂
lasergraph · 61-69, M
I think you are right, overthinking and overworking is a downhill effort. It is like creating something, writing, art etc. At some point you have just just stop and say that is it. Otherwise you could go on forever.
xixgun · M
I have a similar condition (which I can trace back to "conditioning" as a child).
If my wife says, "This needs to go here. We need to clean up this room. You need to go through..."
I act as though it means immediately. It doesn't matter if I'm making supper, we're about to walk out the door, whatever. "I must do it RIGHT NOW".

And as I say, I can trace this back to my childhood. Dad said, "move", he meant right God damned now.
AnarchoMetalchic · 31-35
I am like this too! The only thing that helps me is to do other things; give myself something to distract my attention. Then eventually I start to relax.
jim44444 · 61-69, M
How come the SmartKat described here does not match the SmartKat I know?
SmartKat · 51-55, F
[@8129,jim44444] SmartKat has been through a few things in the past four or five years.
Justmerae · 51-55, F
Horrible thing anxiety...takes over everything.
I got a point of no return if I persist past it...then it's gets into panic mode..not fun
Diggler · 46-50, M
I have some traces of ocd, and anxiety . The struggle is real.

I Have Anxiety
Categories: Health

I’ve been doing better lately. But I still worry t... | I Have Anxiety | Similar Worlds