I Am In High School

I Am In High School
Is this how it will be? School with no cafeteria. Guards on the gates. No socialising. No Lili, how you doing? No Art!
+ 0 0 replies 2 views Jun 29, 2020 |
I Am In High School
Today was the first day back. School is one way traffic. Our desks are 2 metres apart. We queue to go to the toilet. Our toilet. Our class. No one else must use our toilet. We are outside more than inside. Covid doesn't like sunshine.
+ 3 2 replies 6 views Jun 29, 2020 |
I Am In High School
It ain't high school, just school. It's been open ever since the other schools closed. It didn't even close for Easter and it's open all summer. It's next door to the hospital.I just got back from there today and I'll be...
+ 1 0 replies 5 views Jun 23, 2020 |
I Am In High School
We are going back on the 29th of June. I am a teaching assistant at my old high school. It's been open throughout the virus for kids of hospital workers but now everyone will be back. I have been working there on a rota. My job is only one day a...
+ 4 1 reply 4 views Jun 9, 2020 |
I Am In High School
We don't call it high school. Just school. We have kids age 3 and students age 18 in the same school.
+ 1 1 reply 11 views Jun 5, 2020 |
I Am In High School
We are back full time 29th June. I’m so pleased. I was worried my whole Third Year would be online. And I do a practical subject!
+ 9 14 replies 22 views Jun 4, 2020 |
I Am In High School
A lot of you who know me know that I work one day a week as a teaching assistant in my old school. And that our school is in a rural part of Wales and is 3-18. I have been working in school throughout the outbreak of the virus. The children of hospit...
+ 3 4 replies 12 views Jun 4, 2020 |
I Am In High School
Tomorrow I go back. Online!
+ 0 0 replies 3 views Jun 1, 2020 |
I Am In High School
I was in school today. It’s a primary school. I’m a teaching assistant. It’s my old school. I’m a teaching assistant. My school is open for children of key workers and vulnerable children. Some of the children are there every day from 8 til 6. While...
+ 4 1 reply 14 views May 28, 2020 |
I Am In High School
School is totally messed up right now. Kids of hospital workers are in school. In classes with 3 year olds right up to Year 8. School starts at 8 and finishès at 6. Depends on when your parents finish in hospital. Teachers great but it’s hard for the...
+ 1 0 replies 5 views May 22, 2020 |
I Am In High School
My high school is a 3-18 school. I am 20 and left to go to Art School but I am still in my school as a teaching assistant one day a week. The job pays a third of my college fees! But I would do it anyway. I love it. The school is still open but for t...
+ 4 0 replies 12 views May 12, 2020 |
I Am In High School
Lots of people think all the schools are closed. Well no, in my country a few schools are open for children of nhs staff. I work as a teaching assistant. The children are here maybe 8 til 6 day after day while Mam and Dad work front line.
+ 2 0 replies 0 views Apr 30, 2020 |
I Am In High School
My school is open for kids of key workers. My school is next door to the hospital. So most of the kids have Mams and dads who work there. And I got two sisters who work there and they say it’s scary. I worked in school yesterday. I’m a TA and again ...
+ 1 0 replies 7 views Apr 25, 2020 |
I Am In High School
Some people seem surprised school is still open here. Well it is. Every day since lockdown. Good Friday, Easter Monday, Spring Bank Holiday on May 8th. To celebrate 75 years since the end of WW2. We are here with kids of nhs workers. And kids of nhs ...
+ 1 3 replies 6 views Apr 24, 2020 |
I Am In High School
I was in school today. The year 7 kids were wondering if they would be in Year 8 when they get back to normal school. Or even Year 9. We agreed we can’t know the answers. But it seems unlikely school will be normal before September. In the meantime w...
+ 1 4 replies 12 views Apr 24, 2020 |
I Am In High School
I am a Teaching assistant (TA) in my old school. Just one day a week while I’m in college. But now we work two days every other week. I just finished. Back Monday. The kids are there 8 til 6. Kids whose parents are key workers. My school is next door...
+ 2 0 replies 5 views Apr 24, 2020 |
I Am In High School
I was working as a teaching assistant today. In a school with the kids of nhs staff. Did we keep 2 metres apart. They’re kids. What you think?
+ 1 3 replies 6 views Apr 24, 2020 |
I Am In High School
I am a teaching assistant in my old high school. My school is next door to the hospital. Where my two youngest sisters work as nurses and my Mam. My school is open. We have the kids of nhs workers. We had 42 when I was there last. We all work two day...
+ 1 2 replies 13 views Apr 21, 2020 |
I Am In High School
We work two days every two weeks. It's my week off. It's also holidays in college. So I have a whole week off. Except I'm doing college work!
+ 2 4 replies 4 views Apr 15, 2020 |
I Am In High School
I am a teaching assistant. My school is still open for kids of nhs staff. We work two days on every other week. The kids are there 8 til 6. There are no Easter holidays. And it’s great. The kids are great. We have such a lovely atmosphere. Morrison’s...
+ 8 2 replies 17 views Apr 12, 2020 |

I Am In High School
Education Hobbies