I Have Been Abused
MartinTheFirst22-25, M
馃 He'll pay for it one day one way or another.

smiler201256-60, M
[@scarletpea] sorry to here this really can understand your trauma and the repercussions of what he did.it is something it is hard for you to put this out of your mind i get that .you must feel let down by the judicial system
StarletPea18-21, F
[@3749,smiler2012] it鈥檚 my fault for protecting my abuser. I didn鈥檛 realize until it was too late
smiler201256-60, M
[@1151434,StarletPea] please was no way any of your fault there is no excuse for any abuse in a relationship you where probably scared to say anything as fear from the repercussion
If you were my daughter, that piece of sh*t would be constantly looking over his shoulder every day.
DrWatson61-69, M
I am so sorry this happened to you.

People close to me have been abused. Sadly, abusers often have absolutely no concept of the depth of the harm they have done. Many don't even believe that what they have done is abuse.

The good news is that I have seen victims make slow, painful recoveries as they eventually heal and regain a sense of empowerment in their lives. In some cases, the turnaround seems almost miraculous to me.

Please know that what happened to you does not define who you are. The only person who should feel shame is the rapist.
JupiterDreams26-30
馃 Many humans are monsters. But there are good people in the world who will love and protect you. I know the pain is hard though... I believe everyone gets what's coming to the them at some point.
4meAndyouF
There is no such thing as "fair" in real life.

I was sexually assaulted once upon a time, and for a day or two I said to myself, what's all the fuss about? I told myself, "I've had sex before." And then the fear set in. I would think about it and start shaking.

Time will eventually dull your anger and fear, if I can offer you a bit of hope.

I Have Been Abused
Abuse Health