Health

Do you have fibromyalgia? What are your symptoms? What is your treatment?
36-40
0
|
I don't want to get too deeply involved because of the complexity of the question.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Fibromyalgia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

There's lots to read there and it will cover most of what you might want to know.
@blindbob: Firstly, I'm sorry for what might have seen to be a curt reply. I have someone who lives with Fibromyalgia on a daily basis. It's debilitating, she struggles to get on with life and is stuck in a wheelchair outside her home. For those who say it's not a real condition, then clearly they haven't researched enough or read the wrong pages.
blindbob · 36-40
@Justbychance: for many years, we have suspected that our mother has this. she actually was recently diagnosed with a different autoimmune disorder (sarcoidosis) but she still has symptoms that speak to fibro.
The person I speak of has Fibromyalgia, Arthritis, Osteo Arthritis and the dreaded Trigeminal Neuralgia. Even so, within these medical problems they can pick out what is Fibromyalgia.
Invisible · 22-25, M
My mom's got it. She gets a lot of joint pains, and she just takes lots of ibuprofen. I'm not very supporting of this habit, though.
blindbob · 36-40
i've heard that an anti-inflammatory diet can do what Ibuprofen does for the person.
curiosi · 56-60, F
No, however magnesium deficiency can cause fibromyalgia.

Health

Do you have fibromyalgia? What are your symptoms? ... | Health | Similar Worlds