I Believe In Life On Other Planets

people here are mean

i want to talk to people about planets and other science topics. a woman harrassed me on my posts and said she was laughing at me and trying to make me angry. that is hateful and mean. then she posted on the board something about love love, and many people responded to it. is this site mostly fake mean people and immature people?

is anyone interested in talking about planets and space things? i don't want to talk to fake people and haters.
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
just ignore them, maybe a science forum would be a better place for you
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@1211807,jarvis919] this website is a sample of reality from those who are lacking something in their lives, I think few people come here because they are overflowing with love, most are searching for it
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] i like that post. maybe that explains the horrible and mean posts I see around this place. many sad and empty people, not just mean and sick immature people. i will try to talk to the nice people in the groups I like.
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@1211807,jarvis919] wish you luck
Iwashere2 · 36-40, M
Definitely the wrong crowd. People here are living their entire life online aside from work maybe. They are only interested in whatever the internet coughed up that day
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@1056803,Iwashere2] that's what someone told me about this place. i will try a couple days and see what happens.
Iwashere2 · 36-40, M
[@1211807,jarvis919] honestly,after a few days you will either get stuck here or never come back again. It is entertaining at times but not for serious discussions or sharing interests and stuff. Unless it’s perving,cheesy online wisdom or politics
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@1056803,Iwashere2] wow. this helps me understand this website. thank you.
Riemann · 26-30, M
nm them tbh
Post :)
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
[i][b]Some[/b][/i] people here are mean. Block them.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] okay
pentacorn · F
don't bother with anyone who treats you badly here. just block 'em and forget 'em.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@664411,pentacorn] i can block people. okay, thanks. i will try that.
pentacorn · F
[@1211807,jarvis919] you're welcome. everything here will become second nature to you soon. don't let people like that run you off, or ruin your day :)
meJess · F
Maybe post something that interests you, could be some shy astronomers here
meJess · F
[@1211807,jarvis919] keep trying, trolls want a reaction just ignore them
pentacorn · F
[@1211807,jarvis919] that's why you have to block 'em right away.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@664411,pentacorn] good idea. thank you.
NinjaBoy · 18-21, M
Seems like someone thinks you're a predator of some kind. Why might that be?
NinjaBoy · 18-21, M
[@1211807,jarvis919] I saw that Miram went after you. She could just be crazy but she usually doesn’t do that without a good reason so what’s going on?
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@1007030,NinjaBoy] this is childish. i only talk about science things. you are obviously not a good person and want to make things worse.
This message was deleted by the author of the main post.
ABCDEF7 · M
You can mute them. We can't do anything to such baseless people.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@657449,ABCDEF7] thanks. i blocked the mean person just now who came back here again just now. she posted "why don't you like boobs?" or something like that to me like 7 times yesterday. like a crazy person. I told her to stop many times, and then she said she was trying to make me angry and thought it was funny. i have screenshots of everything and tried to complain to the managers. nobody helped me. but I blocked her now so maybe other mean people will not bother me.
ABCDEF7 · M
[@1211807,jarvis919] You should report that person on the post where she said that. I doubt if she is a girl. It seems a man in the disguise of a girl. It's good you blocked her. You have to keep the mute and block button handy.

All the Best !!
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@657449,ABCDEF7] maybe not a girl. i didn't think of that. maybe right. okay I will take your advice. thank you very much.
AbbySvenz · F
One person is “people”?
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@603039,AbbySvenz] i saw many mean and nasty immature posts on this site. people is plural of person. your reply is a good example - you could have said something helpful, showed empathy for a person being attacked. but you don't care. instead you added a bit more meanness, even though my post itself is clear. and people gave smiley emojis to your post. this is really sad.
smiler2012 · 56-60, M
{@jarvis919] absoluutely agree if they have no interest in the topic fair enough .why bother wasting your time replying only to be rude . have you blocked them then on this proviso as nobody would blame you if you did
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@3749,smiler2012] you seem like a mature person. some replies on this post are from obviously non-adult people, probably more mean people who feel guilty and are trying to attack me because i wrote something true. i will use the block function. thank you.
Elegy · 41-45
Block people, I haven met many people here that are so bold recently?
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@4300,Elegy] i will try that. thank you.
gfantasy · 51-55, M
Not a good thing to generalize... So if one user is mean to you, that makes us ALL mean...?
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@533732,gfantasy] what? i guess you didn't read this post.
Azlotto · M
Some of them people are nice.

I agree with lovelywarpedlemon.
theramengirl · 26-30, C
What would you like to talk about in regards to science and space?

I got into astronomy at a young age and I still enjoy it.

I learned a lot in my time here on earth about the night sky. I'm not expert though haha.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@823949,theramengirl] it's just amazing to think of how big space is and how many planets and stars there are. i like to look at space photos and read about the planets. and now there are more rovers on mars looking for life. so many amazing things happening now.
theramengirl · 26-30, C
[@1211807,jarvis919] ah yes. The concept of space is too big for our minds to imagine. God really knew what he was doing when he created such wonders. The stars even guide our seasons, our sun knows when to set and our moon knows when to rise. Everything works in harmony, like a symphony crafted from the most sophisticated being to ever have existed. Isnt it beautiful how these luminaries influence our earth? Our seas? How just enough light can spark the life cycle of plants, encouraging them to bloom till their hearts content? It's really something. God's creation.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@823949,theramengirl] yah, it's amazing.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
thanks to the nice people who sent helpful replies. a few of the replies are strange and added unkindness, but that is expected on any website.
Nomoretomorrow · 41-45, M
Sorry to hear you have had such a bad experience. Not everyone on this site is a troll, there are some genuinely lovely people here and hopefully you will meet some with similar interests to yours soon. Having interests like space and planets is a wonderful and noble thing and a good way find personal improvement. Expanding your knowledge of a subject that intrigues you can bring a number of personal benefits. Try looking for groups on here revolving around planets and space or start your own. Being exposed to unpleasant people and their comments can be a draining and unpleasant experience. Good luck and remember, the negative comments say more about the person making them than you. And you can always block them.
jarvis919 · 22-25, M
[@778787,Nomoretomorrow] thank you. the Groups function here is strange and doesn't really allow for group discussion like a normal site would. strange site architecture here. and people don't seem to use the groups in a way that makes sense. whatever. i will try for a bit.

I Believe In Life On Other Planets
Hobbies