sooner or later, my parents are gonna notice a psychiatry charge on their health insurance and that's gonna be an awkward conversationnnnn

Novascel · M
Just say its a little bit of depression and that it's not a big deal.If you act awkward then it will be awkward.
If you act like its no big deal then they won't treat it like its one.
I get it tho.
Your mental health is important babe.
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@10788,PiecingMeBackTogether] i know, i'm just not super happy about sharing this with them. i feel like they're gonna be weird about itttttttt
TheLastWord · 22-25, M
Psychiatry should be free. Probably why there are so many suicides, mass murders, and the such. Not saying you're one of those people but overall some people can't get help even if they wanted it.
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@1201426,JoeyHabib] eh i'm totally one o' those people lmao
TheLastWord · 22-25, M
[@4199,BlueVeins] Yeah, I'm in the depressed category myself. But I'm alright as of now.
What about confidentiality?
[@4199,BlueVeins] as a parent, I would feel a bit upset that my child needs help but couldn't confide in me, but also impressed they are taking steps to get better.....does that make sense?

Although, at the end of the day it isn't about them it is about you and whether you prefer to have the discussion on your terms or on theirs.
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@406205,InOtterWords] Should I? Yes. Will I? No. I don't think I can make myself pick up that damn phone and say "hey i'm getting treated by psychiatrist no questions thank you." And honestly, if they feel upset about me not confiding in them, I understand that, but like I can't do anything about it if you get me.
[@4199,BlueVeins] I understand that. Xx
sircartier · 18-21, F
do you want me to distract them
sircartier · 18-21, F
[@4199,BlueVeins] what’re we gonna do about mine tho
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@1177522,sircartier] i'll use my sexuality to persuade them to do LSD and they'll get all open-minded
sircartier · 18-21, F
[@4199,BlueVeins] quick thinker this one
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
You better let me handle it.
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@8638,MarkPaul] my parental PR guy at it again 💝
MarkPaul · 22-25, M
[@4199,BlueVeins] Well, yeah... you know...
Eyeamhere · F
Act normal
pentacorn · F
it was the mature thing to do, really. you should point that fact out at the top of the conversation.
BlueVeins · 22-25
[@664411,pentacorn] yeah but i don't want them snooping around my mental problemssssssssssss it's gonna be grosssssss
pentacorn · F
[@4199,BlueVeins] just don't share anything with them. it's none of their business, no matter the support you receive from them. it'll be good practice, standing your ground.
FurryFace · 61-69, M
the Cat did it dammit !

I Am God