I Believe There Is a Need For Art

Yesterday I went to the release party for a local zine that publishes poetry. The topic was Love and Outrage. I initially intended to stay in my bed all day, but I decided this was something I needed to see. So I crawled out of bed, got ready, and went to the venue.

All of the poetry and emotions were so raw. I could tell that some of the authors were amateurs, but the stories behind the poems were so strong and real that it didn't matter. I could connect with each one on a human level, and it uprooted something within me. There's something so powerful about art that connects us and allows us to hear things in a way that nothing else can.

It inspires and speaks to our souls in a way that makes us want to take action, make change. I had almost forgotten how powerful and crucial it is.
0
|

I Believe There Is a Need For Art

Yesterday I went to the release party for a local ... | I Believe There Is a Need For Art | Similar Worlds