I Am An Awful Person

I’m so scared to ask for help

I want to ask for help with getting baby formula, diapers and clothes on my baby registries but too afraid to ask and I’m afraid people will think I’m an awful cowardly mother and that I should’nt even be a mother at all, but i honesty would do anything for my baby boy. I’m just ranting sorry everyone
JustcallmeNameless · 31-35, F
If you need help, go ask. The fact that you know you do makes you a good mother.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Thank you so much, that’s very kind of you to say 🥰[@585989,JustcallmeNameless]
JustcallmeNameless · 31-35, F
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] remember your child comes first. I will pray for you. Good luck.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Yes always! [@585989,JustcallmeNameless]
Becksta · 36-40
Yeah... how terrible of you to want to make sure that your son is fed and dressed appropriately!!!

There's no shame in needing help, especially not in the middle of a pandemic. It happens to us all at some time or another.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Thank you so much, you’ve definitely made me feel a lot better![@421598,Becksta]
Becksta · 36-40
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] I know that my situation is different to yours, but I have had to learn to accept help over the past 5 years because a decline in my health means that I am physically unable to do things like the weekly shop without it making me sick for days afterwards.

My choice is that I either accept help or I do it myself and spend the rest of the week in bed because of the pain I'm in. From what I'm reading, it seems to me that your situation isn't much different in that you either accept this help or you lose your son.

Are our situations something to be ashamed of??? I think not!!! If you need this help and can find it, then the only people who should be ashamed are the ones who judge you for needing it - especially if they haven't walked a mile in your shoes and seen what it feels like from your angle as a mother who is trying to do the best that she can for her child.
Bigcountry1965 · 56-60, M
Don’t ever be afraid to ask knowing you need help shows you are a good caring mom
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Thank you so much! I needed that! [@1172021,Bigcountry1965]
ronisme1 · 61-69, M
Yes, ask for help. There are agencies set up just for the circumstances you are in. Good luck
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
You’re so kind and amazing, I’m sure your parents are very proud of you! Thank you so much ❤️❤️[@605647,DarkHeaven]
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] I’m nobody really, and most likely a grand disappointment to my parents in so many ways (although they’d never say that.) It’s brave Moms like you that are the real heroes. I’m just crazy girl that spent a quarter of her life in the psych ward. I do care, though. 🖤
lovingdead · 31-35, M
Let people think what they want (they will anyway). Priority 1 is your baby boy (whatever his name is) I wont lie, some people might think that, all/most will have a logical reason to think that (at least logical in their minds from their perspective)...and yes it might kinda suck, but dealing with a few people who MIGHT judge you is 1000000000% worth making sure your child has the things he needs.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Thank you so much! I truly appreciate your kind words![@492215,lovingdead]
At least you are asking for help. My parents just struggled. I went without what we couldn’t afford.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear this! You deserved better[@1169475,Babybambi]
Adamski24 · 36-40, M
If you need help ask for it, please don't let pride get in the way of asking for help and looking after you and your baby.
You will get more respect asking and relishing you might need a little help.
Once you're back on you feet and in a position to help someone you can or even now in someway.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
You’re definitely right! Thank you so much![@955346,Adamski24]
Adamski24 · 36-40, M
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] you're welcome.
Adamski24 · 36-40, M
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] just thought have you looked at and tried any of the discount code websites?
quitwhendone · 46-50, M
Did you apply for government assistance?
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Yes I am getting help with food stamps and wic but other than that no, I’m trying to reach out to a few other places[@955094,quitwhendone]
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
What country do you live in? There are probably government-funded programs that will help you.

In the US, WIC (aid to women, infants and children) can help. So can SNAP and TANF (Dept of Welfare and/or Human Services).

Do not be afraid to ask for help. That's why those programs exist.

Local food banks and some churches have programs.

Just about everybody needs help of some kind, sometime.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Yes! I live in the us and I’m now getting help with food stamps and wic! I’m currently trying to find a place that can help me with baby clothes [@663519,Mamapolo2016]
quitwhendone · 46-50, M
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] Try Goodwill or the Salvation Army for children's clothes. Also, try the local food banks like Second Harvest.
[@955094,quitwhendone] And Dial 211 for the United Way.
Mamapolo2016 · 70-79, F
Try this site, honey.

https://baby2baby.org/
Those are just the basics so you shouldn’t be scared to ask. Depending on where you live you might find a resource center that will help, there are many agencies here, some church or volunteer sponsored that will help mothers with necessities. Also you may qualify for the WIC program and if you do you can get formula that way.
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Oh thank you all so much! I truly appreciate your efforts! [@16806,cherokeepatti]
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] Dial 211 in the US for the United Way. The will have resources for all the different programs that might be available to you and your baby. Be well.
I’m here for you babe
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] Ugh nvm...
Itsjustbrit · 26-30, F
Oh I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to offend you. I was just surprised [@1182547,johndoe1994]
[@378420,Itsjustbrit] it’s okay 🦍
Virgo79 · 56-60, M
Get help if you can get it, - our baby will be better off in many ways.

I Am An Awful Person