I Am Going to Say Something Controversial

Churches are not essential.
10
|
Jasondf · M
Tis true.
Doomflower · 36-40, F
Absolutely.
TinyViolins · 26-30, M
Truth. People act like they can only find God while sitting in a pew
Viper01 · 26-30, M
Absolute truth
Penny · 41-45, F
some of the food pantries and services some of them offer can be for some people
Sharon · F
[@533101,Penny] Maybe in your country but here in the UK food banks aren't connected to the churches. They'll help anyone in need, even Atheists.
Penny · 41-45, F
[@379861,Sharon] not all the food banks are part of churches but many are. a lot of churches also offer meals to those in need around where i live, like soup kitchens. you don't have to be a member to go.
Sharon · F
[@533101,Penny] Secular organizations do that here. IME churches tend to target those they think they can convert.
Repete · 61-69, M
Churches to some people may be essential but it could also be a great way to get more votes. Just an opinion
GERRI · 46-50, F
[@608163,Repete] Grocery stores aren't essential,,, to those with the skill to hunt and gather for themselves ---Just a fact........ Mental health experts are essential to any without those type of issues -- just a fact. Governments aren't essential to any that can govern themselves--- just a fact. You? you likely need all the help you can get.
Repete · 61-69, M
That may be true . I’m amazed you can tell so much about someone you don’t even know. Very good.[@872289,GERRI]
GERRI · 46-50, F
[@608163,Repete] sorry, that was actually meant for the originator of the post. And lord knows, I went to school long enough “to tell s o much about someone I don’t know”
Sharon · F
In effect, they're businesses that don't pay taxes so they're just a drain on resources.
Harriet03 · 36-40, F
They are essential,to the hierarchy!
How else they going to spread their propaganda!! 🤷‍♀️
alan20 · M
[@763897,Harriet03] Was it religion or football Marx described as the opium of the masses? Either would have been correct.
Sharon · F
[@99512,alan20] Football is a religion to some people.
alan20 · M
[@379861,Sharon] I know. Like Rachmaninov for me - up to a point.

Churches are not essential. | I Am Going to Say Something Controversial | Similar Worlds