I Facebook
MamaGoneMad · 36-40, F
I am allowed to restrict who i want in my life anyway or anytime i see fit. Rude or not 🤷
[@1127698,MamaGoneMad] yeah you’re right I got a respect her choice. I’m not gonna make a big deal out of it anymore
MamaGoneMad · 36-40, F
[@1161285,TotallyValleyGirl] i get it, I'm sure it feels rude, and I'm sure it hurts, and for that I'm sorry. You still have the right to be upset, you get to choose how you process that. but people have the right to set their own boundaries. When you don't you end up getting walked all over. Believe me, I'm 36 and just now resetting healthy boundaries.
[@1127698,MamaGoneMad] yeah i've changed. I was a bit of a pushover for awhile in my teen years and now that i'm older it's just like.... I might compromise but I have to really like you to not be all my way or the highway, like nowadays if theres any give you have to know I care a lot. I will not take shit from anyone anymore.
You autistic girl's ex-friend?
[@22111,ImperialAerosolKidFromEP] What? No. Who are you talking about?
[@1161285,TotallyValleyGirl] someone who posted on this very topic about 20 minutes ago
[@22111,ImperialAerosolKidFromEP] Oh wow what a coincidence
Justmerae · 51-55, F
Can't make people be what you want them to be it always leads to dissapointment.
[@2144,Justmerae] true
Repete · 61-69, M
How about the excuse I don’t use FB . I do have a FB account but I didn’t set it up and I don’t use it. So I don’t accept friend request because I don’t see them .
[@608163,Repete] I guess that’s a good excuse.
MushroomFaerie · 31-35, F
God no wonder your requests have been ignored...you crazy as hell
[@656163,MushroomFaerie] haha funny.
And this is the exact kind of mentality why I never bother with FB anymore. I’m comfortable living in my own little bubble and that’s my fun right
Repete · 61-69, M
Yes but you miss out on bragging rights for having the most friends ever. 😂
I’m glad I don’t even go on it.[@957625,DrScissorhands]
[@957625,DrScissorhands] Yeah I guess that’s good for you
Iamonfire666 · 31-35, F
No one has to accept a friend request 🤷🏼‍♀️
[@10165,Iamonfire666] I know that’s true but if it was a friend I’ve known for a couple years rejecting them is rude.
Psycho · 22-25, M
I don't have a lot to go on here but maybe her memories of you aren't as fond or as good as you like to think.

Anyway nobody has to be your friend even if it is annoying.
[@731107,Psycho] ok
I ran a pretty big FB account, I couldn't accept every random.
[@1149742,Natasha2020] yeah very online about poltiics and left wing and totally get it. 742 so far and growing all the time....
[@10406,BetweenKittensandRiots] I walked off from it. Mine was transy and left wing, if yours is similar we would have 20 mutuals or be friends and not even know *laughs*.
A lot of these people are trying to get their first chance and i'm deciding if I want to give it to them on limited information... some people though. not even once.
Your friend must be a Tennessean
[@37506,jjoe01] um..no She’s from New York actually
FlowersNButterflies · 61-69, F
Disagree
[@1125727,FlowersNButterflies] OK that’s your opinion. May I ask why is not rude?
FlowersNButterflies · 61-69, F
My life is mine. My time is mine. There are no boundaries in a life where our decisions are made by other people on a social medium which is written in sand. Boundaries define us when we impose them, as we see fit. Less is more. [@1161285,TotallyValleyGirl]
[@1125727,FlowersNButterflies] OK.
curiosi · 56-60, F
LOL, so amusing how some think that they have the right to control others.
Adogslife · 56-60, M
I had Facebook for about a week many years ago. I had a lot of friends, both men and women. Then people started asking who my friends were, including my older daughter who sent me a friend request.

I promptly declined the request and shut down my account. I’ve never gone back and never missed it for a single minute. If you want to talk to me, call my cell. If you don’t have it, you likely don’t need to.

😉
BlueVeins · 18-21, M
Aren't you always saying you believe in brutal honesty or something along those lines? This feels hypocritical. You're upset about not being facebook friends with people who don't even like you? Show some self respect, it's their own damn loss.
[@4199,BlueVeins] well I don’t think she hates me but I don’t understand why she will reject my friend request. My brother told me that I’m making a huge deal out of it and it’s just stupid ass Facebook and just get over it. And I said it myself we all move on with our lives and I’m being such a hypocrite and I need to move on with my life and it’s her loss.
Piper · 61-69, F
Trying to shame someone just because they didn't accept [i]your[/i] friend request is more than rude.
It’s called Freedom of Association....
[@16806,cherokeepatti] I know. I’m not gonna make her but it just seems very rude
Quetzalcoatlus · 41-45, M
So just call them
Maybe she just doesn’t go on Facebook much
Quetzalcoatlus · 41-45, M
[@1161285,TotallyValleyGirl] Maybe she doesn’t want to talk to you, she’s not ready. You have to respect that
[@946009,Quetzalcoatlus] she never asked this way but I guess I can’t except it. I know we haven’t talked for three years in and I do admit I did remove her from my Facebook because I didn’t hear from her but I’m ready to reconnect.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
If I haven’t stayed in touch since childhood or even the past few years I figure they are just nosy. A Hi how are you message is sufficient.
Bluesky1962 · 56-60, M
well some truth to that,i only accept family or someone i know,i dont accept friend collectors,once i messege and dont get reply,i unfriend em.
iamnikki · 26-30, F
I dont think it's rude. I sometimes don't see a point of going back in time to try and rekindle things with people. I did it for the last time a few months ago. That friend is now many hours away so...
I get friend requests from old "friends" occasionally and I deny them. Haven't seen you in 10 plus years so what's the point?🤷‍♀️
[@467302,iamnikki] I guess. Maybe they miss you and want to reconnect.

I Facebook