I Love Books

You might not be able to clock as many miles, but lockdown is the perfect time to devour some running books. “I’m finally going to have some time to read!” If you’ve thought that in the last couple of weeks, then you’ve clicked on the correct link. ...
7
1 day ago
|
I read before I go to bed. And reading is the best choice during this lock down period too :) Why ? This quote has the answer! The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. —Dr. Seuss ...
8
1 day ago
|
Prefer books to social contact. No explanation needed. 🙂
2
|
Incidentally, they triumphed. lol 😄
11
|
One of the few good things about being in lockdown is that I will finally read some books that I have been postponing for years. Today I started Hermann Hesse's 'The glass bead game'. I remember starting it in my early twenties, after...
8
|
At least if I get sick with COVID-19 I can just stay home for a few weeks and spend more time with books
9
|
What a find: a virtually like-new copy of Carlyle's The French Revolution (1956)from the Limited Editions Club. Red morocco and blue linen binding, book plate of original owner who took meticulous care of it. Original "Monthly Letter" ...
0
|
A colorful little stack of fun. ❤️
13
|
I finally found the courage to read Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago. I bought the first book )out of three) today, 700 pages long. I plan not to read it in one go, I will likely take breaks to read other books.
4
|
I love books, even though I seldom have time to read books. I m not used to reading ebooks despite I have a kindle and have downloaded a lots of ebooks into it. I like buying books but I stopped this year because I discovered that a book I bought la...
4
|
One of my favorite authors, and has been for quite some time is Ellen Hopkins.
1
|
“Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
1
|
“In those days, I didn't understand anything. I should have judged her according to her actions, not her words. She perfumed my planet and lit up my life. I should never have run away! I ought to have realized the tenderness underlying her silly...
2
|
Books have gotten me through some really boring periods of my life. My accomplishments include the 14 book series "The Wheel Of Time" by Robert Jordan and of course I've read the 5 book "Game Of Thrones" by George RR Martin....
2
|
I wonder if those of you who have always been avid readers during your whole lives have more or less read the same kinds of books, or swung from one genre and author to another. I definitely belong to the latter. I used to love poetry, but, although...
8
|
I'm on a bit of a book buying spree tonight 🤓😁
14
|
Thomas Ligotti- The conspiracy against the human race Before I decided to read this book, I had just read some of Ligotti's short stories. I like his deadpan prose that suggests more than it shows, the bleak atmospheres he creates, so reminis...
2
|
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owen. What an amazing book in theme and structure. It works on so many levels, I have a feeling Kya and her story will be lingering in my heart for a very long time. I love it when a book can do that to me.
0
|
The Prophet Kahlil Gibran I like opening up this book to any page - and discovering what message I may get. Today, it’s “On Reason and Passion”. “Your soul is oftentimes a battlefield, upon which your reason and your judgment wage war against ...
2
|
2
|

I Love Books
Categories: Books, Hobbies

I Love Books | Similar Worlds