I Am Spanish

It had to happen sooner or later. A terrorist attack just happened in Barcelona. A man driving a van ran over a crowd at the Ramblas. An avenue in the centre of the city that is always crowded. They talk of at least two people dead and many more injured.

My family were yesterday in Barcelona. By the time the attack happened today, they were in that area.

Nobody is safe.

May the victims rest in peace.
6
|
Giana · 70-79, F
Spain, England, Germany...anywhere. The inmates have escaped the asylum; God help us all.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@533040,Chele] Everywhere. Nobody is safe.
YenPox · 100+, F
it's escalating all the time. and europe will capitulate. it's the beginning of the end.
YenPox · 100+, F
no, the leaders are too scared. by the time we fight back, it will be too late.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@428179,YenPox] The leaders are one thing. Traitors who should end up in the gallows. The people are a different thing
YenPox · 100+, F
yeah, so what are they waiting for ? how bad does it get before they revolt ?
I am watching the news now..glad your family are safe
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@17314,Lemony] Yes. I cannot helping all the time what could have happened if they had decided to visit Barcelona today instead of yesterday.
I am still shocked, but anger is starting to take the place of shock.
Just want to avoid discussions about who is to blame. At least not today
JustNik · 46-50, F
😔 terrible. I'm glad your family is ok Cierzo.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@23104,JustNik] Still shocked. I remember a talk I had with them months ago, telling them I felt more and more unsafe in big cities, and they telling me we cannot live in fear.
JustNik · 46-50, F
[@16207,Cierzo] I feel the same way when I go up to the cities here, but they're right too. You can't live in fear or you don't live. I guess all we can do is be cautious and hope. Are they ok psychologically after this near miss do you know? Had to have been a terrible rattle coming that close to it.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@23104,JustNik] They are shocked too, but ok
elVato · 41-45, M
😥
Sorry to hear :( The world is rapidly becoming more unsafe indeed.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@424305,ArrnArr] Thank you. I am try not to explode with anger
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
Cierzo ... Keep us updated

Prayers are with you, your family, the people of Spain and Barcelona.

May angels rally for those injured.
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
Police report situation stable
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@6757,questionWeaver] Palestinian? They are talking of a guy born in Marseille of Moroccan origin.
questionWeaver · 56-60, M
He wrote something about palestinians that he was upset about
Yeah! RIP to the victims who fell.
Angelly · F
Scary times for everyone globally. Good to hear your family is safe. I was in Barcelona 5 years ago. While enjoying my Sangria, sitting in the middle of the street in Las Ramblas, I thought,"what a vulnerable place/position to be in".
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@367202,Angelly] It is. Very crowded always
I just heard about that and thought of you bro. Hope you and your loved ones are safe.
Cierzo · 46-50, M
[@1390,AwakeningConfession9] They are, thank God, but I cannot help thinking that it could have been otherwise
[@16207,Cierzo] I could only imagine bro. That's why it's important to focus on the ones you love rather than who's to blame. We as humans don't realise that love is a powerful weapon against the turmoil on this planet. 🤗 Stay safe brother.

I Am Spanish
Categories: Travel

It had to happen sooner or later. A terrorist atta... | I Am Spanish | Similar Worlds