I'm Just Sayin'

American capitalism be like. " we gonna work you so hard and for such shitty pay you need to be on drugs to deal with it.

But you're fired if you fail this piss test for marijuana.
Nanori · 26-30, F
This sucks bruh :/
Zaphod42 · 46-50, M
Yes, be a good tea totaling slave to the corps
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
has nothing to do with america or capitalism it has to do with the individual private business
MethDozer · M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] oh it does. One isn't independent of the other. It's the system.
DeluxedEdition · 22-25, F
[@521796,MethDozer] but it's not. there's plenty of jobs you can go get that don't drug test. it is up to the private business whether or not to drug test
MethDozer · M
[@25801,DeluxedEdition] That doesnt negate the what I said.
HurtMe · 51-55, M
Yes, yes, you do have it correct there. Most people just pass the test then go to toking and that once the testing is done, not worrying about testing in the future.
YesTheYahooligan · 22-25, M
Yeah. Look at my comment for what the job actually was. McDonald's > $15 an hour, hired on the spot, start the next day, and now fulltime if you want. Smoke pot on your breaks, work hard become a manger in a few months

Indium > $14.50, over a month to start, drug test, physical, background check, associate's degree in Chemistry, working with dangerous materials that will probably kill you eventually. Makes you dress up in a space suit all day, 10 minute breaks as apposed to 15 minute breaks at McD's. Like wtf? I should've just dropped outta highschool and said fuck college
Poplala · 31-35, F
Socialism be like you hungry? Eat your pet
Poplala · 31-35, F
[@521796,MethDozer]

MethDozer · M
[@1205862,Poplala] Nothing wins like a good old vacuous Facebook meme
Poplala · 31-35, F
[@521796,MethDozer] memes are great pedagogic tools. They help visualize for those that can’t comprehend basic concepts.
TexChik · F
That’s more like socialism .
MethDozer · M
[@113373,TexChik] Nah. America isn't even remotely socialist.

Besides, I'm not anti capitalism. Both systems have their pitfalls if not addressed and regulated, just as both have their possible strengths. Nor is it a binary dynamic. There isn't just capitalism or just socialism. There's a lot of grey in the middle and few who think they know what one or the other "is" actually have any clue about either other than what they are told in biased opinion pieces on agenda driven network news.

Yet I appreciate your knee-jerk comment.
TexChik · F
[@521796,MethDozer] nothing knee jerk about it . I’m just a little beyond ridiculous America bashing .
MethDozer · M
[@113373,TexChik] I get that. Some do just want to throw us I der the bus at any chance. Yet that doesn't mean everything is perfect either. There are flaws.

I'm Just Sayin'
A place to share that experience that didn't fit anywhere else...
Other