I Hate Cleaning My Room

When we were teenagers, my sister and I were [b]so[/b] lazy! Our room was always very untidy. At one point our room was so ridiculously messy, you could barely walk around it. Our mom would always tell us that we needed to clean our bedroom and just looking at it would put her in a bad mood. 馃槵 "How can you two have it like this?!" She would ask. Then one day, she finally had enough and made us do a deep clean of our room over the weekend. 馃槕 But my sister and I hated cleaning our room so damn much, even cleaning it up we would be lazy, going about it very slowly and doing a half-ass job, which would only make our mom even more mad. While we were cleaning it one day, she got fed up with how slow we were and told us she was going to leave for an hour and when we came back, we had better have a substantial portion of our room cleaned. 馃槱 We thought we were picking up the pace, but we really weren't. Our mom came back after and hour to find not even half of what she wanted done was finished. She was utterly astonished by it. 馃槹 "I leave for an hour and you two only got [b]this[/b] much done?! [b]Amazing! AMAZING![/b]" She also said she wanted one of our dressers cleared off but yeah, we didn't do that. "And look, the dresser's still a fucking mess too! Amazing!" We've never seen our mom get quite like that before, so I guess she really was amazed for all the wrong reasons. 馃槗 Even when we did eventually finish cleaning up our room, she still gave us a backhanded compliment for it "Good job, girls. Too bad it's not going to stay like this for very long." Thanks for the vote confidence, mom. 馃檮 But she was right, lol. 馃槄
Carver26-30, F
[@7704,KaysHealingPath]
KaysHealingPath31-35, F
[@27917,Carver] your mom is patient lol 馃槀
I tell my kids once maybe twice but if I have to say it a third time and it鈥檚 not done there won鈥檛 be a 4th time I鈥檓 breaking out the garbage bags if it鈥檚 not picked up and put away it鈥檚 going in the garbage
That includes favorite sweaters, clothes of any kind, pictures, games PS4 controls - everything!
And i have followed through. So they don鈥檛 test me anymore lol 馃槀
Carver26-30, F
[@7704,KaysHealingPath] Well, our mom has done that too. But our dad would often intervene and they鈥檇 fight over it. After this instant, it stopped being 鈥淵ou need to clean your room鈥 like some kind of suggestion and started being a command 鈥淐lean this room, now!鈥
KaysHealingPath31-35, F
[@27917,Carver] lol 馃槀 omg
thinkincubes36-40, M
I never liked cleaning, but I've always loved organizing my room馃槄 So relaxing!
sarabee199526-30, F
And now?
Carver26-30, F
[@1360,sarabee1995] I'm a neat freak.
sarabee199526-30, F
[@27917,Carver] 馃憤锔忦煒

I Hate Cleaning My Room
i like my stuff where i put it...