I Love Poetry

Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all, And sweetest in the gale is heard; And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird That kept so many warm. I've...
3
|
MOSTLY - I'm sure a few of us can relate to this.... Mostly I’m happy, a smile on my face, Mostly I’m bouncing, all over the place. Mostly I’m caring, others come first, Mostly my bubble, can never be burst. Mostly my glass, is filled to the...
9
|
SO WE CARRY ON As we enter the world, vulnerabilities showing, Parents kiss our faces, our rosy cheeks glowing. Cocooned in the warmth, still free from the strife, Wrapped up in simplicities of our care-free life. A kaleidoscope of emotions, begin ...
2
|
Inspired by Fungirl's writing challenge this week. For Life is No Rehearsal With avid hope, I blew that clock, My cheeks puffed under the strain. With eyes alight and desire so great, I wished and wished again. I never told, so it should’v...
4
|
The Jigsaw When I met you those years ago, How could I possibly know, That our love would stand the test of time, And continue to ever grow. You gave me a picture on the front, My view for when I awake. Four corners of the vision there, To provide...
2
|
This poem was inspired by a funeral that I actually attended. THE LADY IN THE FLOWERED DRESS She stood there in her flowered dress, And mourned with tissues dabbing. Her tousled hair and crooked smile, With piercing eyes so stabbing. Leant right...
1
|
A friend and I were discussing how we carry things in our bra. This inspired this little bit of rhyme. I'M GLAD I'M NOT FLAT-CHESTED. Somewhere to place a wine glass, Somewhere to place a head. Somewhere to lose your eyesight to, When I’...
11
|
i wrote this after witnessing on the news, yet another callous murder of pedestrians by someone driving at them in a vehicle. UNITE WE MUST.. Sirens wailing, people struck, No time to dodge, no time to duck. Bile rising, panic ensues, Another stor...
5
|
A Man I Knew 1 ‘I want no easy grave,’ he said to me, ‘where those who hated me can come and stare, slip down upon a servile knee, muttering their phoney public prayer. In the wilds of Norfolk I’d like to lie, no commemorative stone, no shelt...
1
|
The Rebel I am come of the seed of the people, the people that sorrow; Who have no treasure but hope, No riches laid up but a memory of an ancient glory, My mother bore me in bondage, in bondage my mother was born, I am of the blood of serfs; The ...
1
|
Four weeks Beautiful, broken Wild Blue eyed boy Since we spoke Of things that Hide From the day But still it came Washing away Our 2am half embrace I Hope You're Not ok
8
|
There was beauty in those (Stay up all night I have work late No I'm not tired Dead tired Fascinated In love with your mind) hours I wasted There was cruelty in those (Careless words Empty meanings Prise me open like An oyster Trust me girl, ...
3
|
I shouldn't be writing bad poetry about you But still the words drip from me like tears We talked like our lives would never be consumed By banality No, my Peter Pan, starry eyed surprise Ice cream birthday cake We were sea-foam, slagroom, sec...
5
|
3
|
3
|
2
|
To Whom It May Concern….. I remember a time when things were unspoiled And the Earth in its glory once shone. The unblemished air that was breathed in to lungs, Now polluted and innocence gone. The scent of nostalgia, assaulting my mind, Feasts eq...
5
|
For freedom Translated from Spanish - Para la Libertad - M. Hernandez For freedom I bleed, fight and live on. For freedom, my eyes and my hands, like a carnal tree, generous and captive, I give to the surgeons. For freedom I feel more hearts than ...
1
|
Words for Julia Translated from Spanish - Palabras para Julia - J.A. Goytisolo. You can’t go back because life is pushing you ahead like an unending howl. You’ll feel caged, you’ll feel lost and alone perhaps wishing you’d never been born. But al...
1
|
Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, bu...
2
|

I Love Poetry
Categories: Music, Poetry

I Love Poetry | Similar Worlds