I Love Poetry

4
|
Being the light in someone’s life shouldn’t make your bulb crack
36-40
8
|
36-40
8
|
Gather ye Rose-buds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying: And this same flower that smiles to day, Tomorrow will be dying.
1
|
Orpheus When I wrote of the women in their dances and wildness, it was a mask, on their mountain, god-hunting, singing, in orgy, it was a mask; when I wrote of the god, fragmented, exiled from himself, his life, the love gone down with ...
4
|
Now here's a NICE one. John Dryden🤓 I attempt from Love's sickness to fly in vain, Since I am myself my own fever and pain. No more now, fond heart, with pride no more swell, Thou canst not raise forces enough to rebel. I attempt from Lov...
1
|
My favorite poem, at least today: “You do not have to be good. You do not have to walk on your knees for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves. Tell me about despair, ...
8
|
Let’s Make a Deal by Mario Benedetti - Translated from Spanish. (For the one she know she is). Partner you know you can count on me not up to two or up to ten but count on me if some time shows that I look into your eyes and you recognize a stre...
2
|
It used to be only novels and stories that make me cry. Now, my eyes and heart have also been opened to the world of poems. And what a beautiful world it is! "Forgive yourself for being you— you have done nothing wrong and tomorrow is another ...
4
|
like a broken string, a missed piece of the alphabet strung looking at the sky not knowing the site of a kite and you only seek water
1
|
So We'll Go No More a Roving - By Lord Byron (George Gordon) So, we'll go no more a roving So late into the night, Though the heart be still as loving, And the moon be still as bright. For the sword outwears its sheath, And...
0
|
I love this, it's so true... the next time you have your coffee black you'll taste the bitter state he left you in it will make you weep but you'll never stop drinking you'd rather have the darkest parts of him than have nothin...
6
|
This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all! Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your h...
36-40
9
|
Many likes yet I have none, FB I see my friends are gone, Won't you talk? Won't you stay? Like, love gestures are far away. Studies show this leads to depression, I thought tech was key to succession, Nobody's here, nobody's t...
1
|
Marvelous! It’s the small things that mean the most, Not the big and mighty. He brings me breakfast to my bed, Whilst I’m still in my nightie. He’ll massage feet as I relax, Whilst sitting watching telly. Harmoniously, he just ignores, The wobbling...
6
|
Don't Forget To Live Madisen Kuhn Time isn't wasted at the end of the day When you're in bed thinking about all the things You could've done, You could've said, All the empty boxes left on your to do list Time is wasted ...
9
|
When I read the first line, I just can't stop reading... "She walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that’s best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes; Thus mellowed to that tender l...
6
|
They Are Not Dead...... They are not dead, Who leave us this great heritage Of remembered joy. They still live in our hearts, In the happiness we knew, In the dreams we shared. They still breathe, In the lingering fragrance windblown, From their ...
7
|
Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all, And sweetest in the gale is heard; And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird That kept so many warm. I've...
3
|
MOSTLY - I'm sure a few of us can relate to this.... Mostly I’m happy, a smile on my face, Mostly I’m bouncing, all over the place. Mostly I’m caring, others come first, Mostly my bubble, can never be burst. Mostly my glass, is filled to the...
9
|

I Love Poetry
Categories: Music, Poetry

I Love Poetry | Similar Worlds