I Love Poetry

A Man I Knew 1 ‘I want no easy grave,’ he said to me, ‘where those who hated me can come and stare, slip down upon a servile knee, muttering their phoney public prayer. In the wilds of Norfolk I’d like to lie, no commemorative stone, no shelt...
1
|
The Rebel I am come of the seed of the people, the people that sorrow; Who have no treasure but hope, No riches laid up but a memory of an ancient glory, My mother bore me in bondage, in bondage my mother was born, I am of the blood of serfs; The ...
1
|
Four weeks Beautiful, broken Wild Blue eyed boy Since we spoke Of things that Hide From the day But still it came Washing away Our 2am half embrace I Hope You're Not ok
7
|
There was beauty in those (Stay up all night I have work late No I'm not tired Dead tired Fascinated In love with your mind) hours I wasted There was cruelty in those (Careless words Empty meanings Prise me open like An oyster Trust me girl, ...
2
|
I shouldn't be writing bad poetry about you But still the words drip from me like tears We talked like our lives would never be consumed By banality No, my Peter Pan, starry eyed surprise Ice cream birthday cake We were sea-foam, slagroom, sec...
4
|
3
|
3
|
2
|
To Whom It May Concern….. I remember a time when things were unspoiled And the Earth in its glory once shone. The unblemished air that was breathed in to lungs, Now polluted and innocence gone. The scent of nostalgia, assaulting my mind, Feasts eq...
5
|
For freedom Translated from Spanish - Para la Libertad - M. Hernandez For freedom I bleed, fight and live on. For freedom, my eyes and my hands, like a carnal tree, generous and captive, I give to the surgeons. For freedom I feel more hearts than ...
1
|
Words for Julia Translated from Spanish - Palabras para Julia - J.A. Goytisolo. You can’t go back because life is pushing you ahead like an unending howl. You’ll feel caged, you’ll feel lost and alone perhaps wishing you’d never been born. But al...
1
|
Out of the night that covers me, Black as the Pit from pole to pole, I thank whatever gods may be For my unconquerable soul. In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance My head is bloody, bu...
2
|
Sarah Rice
7
|
Menos tu vientre, todo es confuso. Menos tu vientre, todo es futuro fugaz, pasado baldío, turbio. Menos tu vientre, todo es oculto. Menos tu vientre, todo inseguro, todo postrero, polvo sin mundo. Menos tu vientre, todo es oscuro. Menos...
2
|
7
|
Let it Go All this time, I have been holding on To something that is invisible I gave you my heart You scribbled all over Not knowing the pain that is consuming me I let you break my heart over and over again I'm breaking Bit by bit My mind ...
3
|
Just another poetic verse.... (its a continuation I wrote to someone else's poem) I know not what I do; So rather than sit here and wait for you, Id rather walk my own way, Go forth and fulfill my dreams today! My happiness used to be a plac...
5
|
STARVED When you are not fed love on a silver spoon you learn to lick it off knives. -author unknown.
7
|
13
|
I am a hopeless romantic who is ever dreaming of her one true love!!😉 Lol I felt inspired this morning.... I am drawn away to a time and place where only the two of us exist... Ever in blissful love...our own Garden of Eden.  I close my eyes an...
10
|

I Love Poetry
Categories: Music, Poetry

I Love Poetry | Similar Worlds