I Love Poetry

I love this, it's so true... the next time you have your coffee black you'll taste the bitter state he left you in it will make you weep but you'll never stop drinking you'd rather have the darkest parts of him than have nothin...
5
|
This being human is a guest house. Every morning a new arrival. A joy, a depression, a meanness, some momentary awareness comes as an unexpected visitor. Welcome and entertain them all! Even if they’re a crowd of sorrows, who violently sweep your h...
36-40
4
|
Ode to a Large Tuna in the Market BY PABLO NERUDA TRANSLATED BY ROBIN ROBERTSON Here, among the market vegetables, this torpedo from the ocean depths, a missile that swam, now lying in front of me dead. Surrounded by the earth'...
2
|
Marvelous! It’s the small things that mean the most, Not the big and mighty. He brings me breakfast to my bed, Whilst I’m still in my nightie. He’ll massage feet as I relax, Whilst sitting watching telly. Harmoniously, he just ignores, The wobbling...
6
|
Don't Forget To Live Madisen Kuhn Time isn't wasted at the end of the day When you're in bed thinking about all the things You could've done, You could've said, All the empty boxes left on your to do list Time is wasted ...
8
|
When I read the first line, I just can't stop reading... "She walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that’s best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes; Thus mellowed to that tender l...
5
|
They Are Not Dead...... They are not dead, Who leave us this great heritage Of remembered joy. They still live in our hearts, In the happiness we knew, In the dreams we shared. They still breathe, In the lingering fragrance windblown, From their ...
7
|
Hope is the thing with feathers That perches in the soul, And sings the tune without the words, And never stops at all, And sweetest in the gale is heard; And sore must be the storm That could abash the little bird That kept so many warm. I've...
3
|
MOSTLY - I'm sure a few of us can relate to this.... Mostly I’m happy, a smile on my face, Mostly I’m bouncing, all over the place. Mostly I’m caring, others come first, Mostly my bubble, can never be burst. Mostly my glass, is filled to the...
9
|
SO WE CARRY ON As we enter the world, vulnerabilities showing, Parents kiss our faces, our rosy cheeks glowing. Cocooned in the warmth, still free from the strife, Wrapped up in simplicities of our care-free life. A kaleidoscope of emotions, begin ...
2
|
Inspired by Fungirl's writing challenge this week. For Life is No Rehearsal With avid hope, I blew that clock, My cheeks puffed under the strain. With eyes alight and desire so great, I wished and wished again. I never told, so it should’v...
4
|
The Jigsaw When I met you those years ago, How could I possibly know, That our love would stand the test of time, And continue to ever grow. You gave me a picture on the front, My view for when I awake. Four corners of the vision there, To provide...
2
|
This poem was inspired by a funeral that I actually attended. THE LADY IN THE FLOWERED DRESS She stood there in her flowered dress, And mourned with tissues dabbing. Her tousled hair and crooked smile, With piercing eyes so stabbing. Leant right...
1
|
A friend and I were discussing how we carry things in our bra. This inspired this little bit of rhyme. I'M GLAD I'M NOT FLAT-CHESTED. Somewhere to place a wine glass, Somewhere to place a head. Somewhere to lose your eyesight to, When I’...
11
|
i wrote this after witnessing on the news, yet another callous murder of pedestrians by someone driving at them in a vehicle. UNITE WE MUST.. Sirens wailing, people struck, No time to dodge, no time to duck. Bile rising, panic ensues, Another stor...
5
|
A Man I Knew 1 ‘I want no easy grave,’ he said to me, ‘where those who hated me can come and stare, slip down upon a servile knee, muttering their phoney public prayer. In the wilds of Norfolk I’d like to lie, no commemorative stone, no shelt...
1
|
The Rebel I am come of the seed of the people, the people that sorrow; Who have no treasure but hope, No riches laid up but a memory of an ancient glory, My mother bore me in bondage, in bondage my mother was born, I am of the blood of serfs; The ...
1
|
Four weeks Beautiful, broken Wild Blue eyed boy Since we spoke Of things that Hide From the day But still it came Washing away Our 2am half embrace I Hope You're Not ok
8
|
There was beauty in those (Stay up all night I have work late No I'm not tired Dead tired Fascinated In love with your mind) hours I wasted There was cruelty in those (Careless words Empty meanings Prise me open like An oyster Trust me girl, ...
3
|
I shouldn't be writing bad poetry about you But still the words drip from me like tears We talked like our lives would never be consumed By banality No, my Peter Pan, starry eyed surprise Ice cream birthday cake We were sea-foam, slagroom, sec...
6
|

I Love Poetry
Categories: Music, Poetry

I Love Poetry | Similar Worlds