I Am Strict

Strict teachers make smart students. That's why I run a tight classroom.

And no, I don't mean blind obedience and brutality. Just good, proper, firm but fair strictness.
Jim5p · 56-60, M
So true
How do you enforce strictness? I partly agree with you as the professors who kept us on our toes brought out the best in us
Uncle · 46-50, M
[@10636,QueenOfQuirk] Consistency is key. Calmness is key (I never shout). I always try to make my lessons as good and interesting as possible. And I tell my students that the same way I give my best for them, I expect them to give their best in my classes as well.

The actual consequences for breaking rules vary. All students are different, and so were the places I have taught in. The important thing is, again, to be consistent. No one can talk him- or herself out of a consequence. Once you have established that you are like a firm, unmovable wall regarding these things, lessons usually proceed smoothly. Children respect these things. And of course they know that I am always approachable about problems they might have.

If you demand diligence and expect excellence, like I do, you better are prepared to offer your students just the same. And if you hold them to high standards, you better hold yourself to high standards as well.
BlueRain · 46-50, F
Actually strict teachers make children hate school.
Uncle · 46-50, M
[@468906,BlueRain] I've worked hard for this, and I still work hard every day. But then, it's worth it. Being a teacher is not just a job, it's a passion. And it's very much who I am.
BlueRain · 46-50, F
Very true!
strictgram · 70-79, C
[@468906,BlueRain] Nonsense.
MarkA · 51-55, M
If only parents followed those same rules, teachers' lives would be a lot easier and learning a lot better. After all, kids' behaviour is fundamentally a PARENTS' responsibility
You're a teacher?
Uncle · 46-50, M
[@775769,chelseahotel] Languages. :)
[@691008,Uncle] If we're kind together we could be friends, if spanish was one you could teach
Uncle · 46-50, M
[@775769,chelseahotel] Being friends now depends on the languages that I can teach? Oh dear! :D
(And I'm sorry... English and German. :( )

I Am Strict