I Believe People Misunderstand Mental Illness

If you want to help a loved one or anyone dealing with mental illness or suicidal thoughts, don't threaten involuntary commitment, not only does that make them not want to tell you anything, but sometimes it also makes them want to do it more an...
6
|
The following is based on the mind of Jeriel Clark. An American Veteran with Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). The video is here because the song has more of an impact than just the lyrics alone. Like the genre of music or not, PTSD affects mill...
1
|
"Every Quiet Moment, We Collapse.."
8
|
"I Waited On The Tracks For Reason, But My Train Of Thought It Never Came..
6
|
"I Split My Mind Ten Thousand Times.. But In Every World There Is No Exit..
4
|
I have been reading a book about using SPECT scans to show how the brain is affected by mental illness. I googled why it was not more widely used to diagnose mental disorders and I found multiple articles on why mental disorders are made up... I foun...
2
|
Yes Mental illness is very horrible but it is fascinating what the brain can do. I wouldn't mind if I fell in love with a person with it and I would do all my best to help them out of it. Yes it's a horrible thing but I would love to be the...
5
|
This is about the limits of understandability where a person has schizophrenia. Some parts are context. It is lay opinion. You are free to ignore. If you happen to know someone with schizophrenia, think about this. How well do you know them? How m...
51-55
2
|
Many of them do indeed. It's not pleasant to have to interact with people who do not understand how a person can struggle with themselves.
4
|
This Sunday a young woman had a meltdown during the sermon. I know she has anxiety, but I don't think her behaviour can be explained by that disorder alone. I'd guess bipolar or borderline personality. I also know something about how heavil...
2
|
I am glad to be unique I have BPD I have PTSD but they are conditions and they are not me people fear mental health they dont understand and they assume so often its due to drugs and alcohol and that is the doctors well I have those things and I am n...
2
|

Categories: Health

I Believe People Misunderstand Mental Illness | Similar Worlds