I Hate Animal Cruelty

I'm surprised a bill didn't pass in Pennsylvania about harsher animal cruelty laws. See thing is peeps... it isn't just murderers that have a link to animal violence. They did a study on it and they found surprisingly almost half of all criminals in jail ranging from petty theft all the way to murder have some sort of past record for animal cruelty. There is a strong link between the two. The treatment of people and the treatment of animals are directly linked. This is old news.

So for that reason alone one would think that we would do our best to make laws also against it as people who are going to have more of a penchant for crime are linked to animal and human abuse. One would think but it would seem people don't care or they don't entirely get how grave it is.

http://lancasteronline.com/opinion/editorials/animal-cruelty-bills-die-an-unnecessary-death-in-the-state/article_0d164280-ad02-11e6-a594-6fb09ad7eb23.html
1
|
What I learned in philosophy lesson:
Laws against animal cruelty isnt for the animals but for the humans.
tbh I cant understand this. We are only thinking about ourselves.
1961dave · 56-60, M
The problem is not only people not getting the connection, it does make sense. Also people have too little respect for animals and their feelings.
satanburger · 31-35, F
Yeah thing is I do wonder if secretly we just want these types of people. That's why I stopped believing in supposed human rights is because we never want to propose even the mildest solutions to problems.
You would think people would want to do more research on it and it would be a verifiable case study but apparently not.
SerenitiesScars · 31-35, M
As long as it's not laws like the sjw's would come up with where you can't even smack a dog on it's nose and show it where to be potty trained then I see no harm in laws about not letting your animal starve or suffer beatings that maim the creature..

I Hate Animal Cruelty
Categories: Beliefs, Doing Good, Health, Pets, Animals and Nature, Politics

I'm surprised a bill didn't pass in Penn... | I Hate Animal Cruelty | Similar Worlds