I Am Trying to Break My Bad Habits

So I am reading Gretchin Rubin's book "Better Than Before" all about habit change and Switch by the Heath brothers which is about why change is hard and what you can do about it (more geared toward Corp or Industry but still very compl...
2
|
I run away from everything. I have very bad avoidant personality disorder and when things become too much ... too overwhelming or hard to handle, I run away. My life the last two (almost three) years has been really hard. Things never pan out the ...
8
|
Great idea for motivation if you are overweight and want to get a healthy body you are proud to look at. Of course combined with balanced meals and regular exercise.
5
|
Does anyone have tips for keeping a room clean? I made a bet with my sister that I need to keep my room clean till APRIL! Any help?
2
|
I think I've finally stopped smoking. I got an E-Cig 😊 Vaping is FAR better than smoking 😊
3
|
Hopefully I can do it.
2
|
I have this horrible habit of chewing on the inside of my cheeks and inside of lips. My mouth is raw and sore. Also I'm addicted to a couple drugs, but I'm not trying to break those.
3
|
People don't hold onto something, and push away the alternatives, unless (on some level) they *want* the thing that they're holding onto - no matter how destructive or limiting it might be.
4
|
Turning to alcohol when I'm upset or feeling depressed is killing me. I can't keep doing that and becoming the person I hate. I need a new habit, a new coping mechanism.
1
|
I need to learn when to say no to people. I tend to over-extend myself because I am so afraid of disappointing others, they ask me to do something and I just can’t say no. This usually causes my plate to be too full for me to handle and even as I str...
3
|
For me the time just comes when I'm done with them
1
|
Worrying so much :(
6
|
There's so many i should break, especially this one thing called overeating
2
|
Must do laundry and actually put the clothes away afterwards. Oh, and wash dishes right after I use them. And clean the stove right after as well. Someday, I'll have a regular cleaning schedule and organized cupboards and drawers that I have be...
3
|
Yeah, I'm trying to break my bad habits. Well some of them at least. Right now the toughest for me to break is giving in to laziness. Sooo much easier to plop down in bed with my computer and not clean my room, you know?
6
|
Well.. I figure that one out this morning. Not in this life time. Life after death? IfF( If and only If) I could make it through the Grave-punishment .. so.. no .. " ajonmo nirbodh bod hoy nai norbodh balikar.
0
|
I quit smoking in March of last year. My husband smokes and out of respect for me would go outside but after pausing a movie so many times I let him stay in and after a year of not smoking started smoking again. Also have the bad habit of biting my n...
1
|
One habit that I cannot seem to break is throwing myself into uncomfortable situations just to torture myself, or to see what the outcomes would be. I have a lot more bad habits like nail biting, fantasizing over people I can never be with, and makin...
0
|
--Blame vs. Responsibility-- When you do something wrong, don't blame yourself and beat yourself up for it. Don't just wail about how you did it and how it was terrible. Don't just wallow in guilt and scream about how terrible a perso...
0
|
In some ways, pride can be almost like a drug. It feels so "right" when it's flowing through you, but then afterward you look around and, if you're honest with yourself, you realize that all it did was do damage to your life. And ...
0
|

I Am Trying to Break My Bad Habits

I Am Trying to Break My Bad Habits | Similar Worlds