Embarrassing & Funny

SCIENCE: Currently, according to the forecast, it's sunny out. According to the radar, it's pouring. In actuality, it's neither. Cloudy, not raining.

So lecture me on science 🤣. I see what I see. I hear what I hear. I know what I know. 🤷‍♂️
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
What you are seeing is not a scientist. It's a meteorologist at best. And probably has something theater experience at least if not some kind of degree in theater or communications.
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
[@609293,RogueLoner] ah bunk!

Just mellow out on the liberal calling stuff until you know for certain.

I'm no Bernie Sanders fan.
RogueLoner · 61-69, M
[@412417,DeWayfarer] If it waddles and quacks...
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
[@609293,RogueLoner] mellow out on it. Not knowing for certain is a big mistake on all sides.
I take the wait and see approach. I know if I need a hoodie it can't be 80 degrees outside.🤭
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
[@1189039,mondayschild2] nope! He presents it as he see it, in a theatrical way though. So it keeps you glued to him.

You stay long enough you get a flash of advertising somewhere and you have paid a very small part of his salary.

In that he is very much successful!
RogueLoner · 61-69, M
[@412417,DeWayfarer] Again, this is not about the TV weatherbabe. We know how phony she is. I'm looking at the NWS weather site. But you are 100% corrct about TV weather and their sensationalism for advertising $$$.
DeWayfarer · 61-69, M
[@609293,RogueLoner] replying to him in this case...
[quote]Its simple 🥺 the weather guy manipulated the doppler when he saw the rain.[/quote]
RogueLoner · 61-69, M
[@423488,curiosi] Exactly the point of this post. 🙃
Piper · 61-69, F
Clouds sure are [i]funny[/i] that way. They move pretty fast, and stuff. It can be raining a few blocks away, and sunny in my immediate area. Then they may or may not move in my direction, and sprinkle or "pour" rain! 🤷‍♀️
RogueLoner · 61-69, M
[@910977,Piper] Yes, I know. More than once, I have seen it rain on one side of the road and not the other, especially in summer. But this Doppler image had a big red blob over half the county and my town was right in the middle. The main forecast page on the NWS site said "sunny". Neither was true. I trust my aging eyes over science any day. 😊
Piper · 61-69, F
[@609293,RogueLoner] Okay, neither was true at the [b]time[/b], in your immediate area. Although I'm aware that forecasting the weather is far from an exact "science", I figure that whatever colored blob is over my general area in a Doppler image means it's happening [i]somewhere[/i] in my town or county.

[quote]I trust my aging eyes over science any day[/quote]

I sure do too, when it comes to whether it's sunny or rainy where I am at that moment.
checkoutanytime · 41-45, M
True words, hardly hurd.

Embarrassing & Funny