I Am An 80s Kid

Older SWers. Remember walking into a toy store and it taking your breath away with pure excitement?

I know websites are more cost effective and efficient but I want my kids to have the awesome experiences and happy childhood I had. So it鈥檚 sad they will never walk into a Toys R Us and see floor to ceiling toys and games that make your head spin. For me it was a stimulation overload, Id just forget to breath 馃槀.

HarlequinF
I bought a huge unicorn last time I went 馃ぃ
WintaTheAngle41-45, M
[@1133086,Harlequin] Ha, awesome
HarlequinF
[@1064814,WintaTheAngle] Its on my shelf now, never really bothered about it again
MrBrownstone41-45, M
It was awesome.
dakotaviper51-55, M
You think that's amazing, but the item that I find fascinating is record players.
In the modern era, we have digital recordings of music that we can play on even the smallest device created. But all of a sudden, Vinyl Record players from the 1920's to 1980's are now the leading Tech.
WintaTheAngle41-45, M
[@1202958,dakotaviper] Sure I can understand that.
CaptainKirk36-40, M
It was these for me
SilkandLace241-45, M
[@351760,CaptainKirk] omigosh, I haven't even thought of those in soooooo long, AWESOME!
CaptainKirk36-40, M
[@1064814,WintaTheAngle] condor
WintaTheAngle41-45, M
[@351760,CaptainKirk] That鈥檚 the one.
BreezeyBree56-60, F
I don't wanna grow up... I'm a toy's r us kid!
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU5ZyY6U9qI]
[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCl45pK7Fws]
I remember the store we had here... pretty big and sometimes, just too much for me to bother with. lol
I shopped there for gifts and whatnot. And the rumor is that these stores may be coming back, just not like we remember them.
Nomoretomorrow41-45, M
Wow those were the days! That picture of all the Star Wars figures brought back so many happy memories.

I Am An 80s Kid