I Like The Band Fall Out Boy

The title for Fall Out Boy's 2013 comeback album [i]Save Rock and Roll[/i] is based on a joke the band's frontman Pete Wentz made, that critics would be saying the band reunited to "save rock and roll" since rock music was in a commercial decline around that time. Despite the tongue-in-cheek title, the album actually kinda did live up to its name! Before [i]Save Rock and Roll,[/i] the only other record from a rock band to top the Billboard 200 before was Linkin Park's [i]Living Things[/i] in July the previous year. After [i]Save Rock and Roll,[/i] albums by Black Sabbath, Queens of the Stone Age, Vampire Weekend, Avenged Sevenfold and Arcade Fire would all go on to top the Billboard 200 in the following months. Fall Out Boy may have not actually "saved" rock and roll, but they did bring about a renewed commercial interest in rock music, even if it might've been short-lived.
0
|

I Like The Band Fall Out Boy

The title for Fall Out Boy's 2013 comeback al... | I Like The Band Fall Out Boy | Similar Worlds