I Have Random Thoughts

Bucket List

I thought about starting to work on my bucket list but like most things I seem to have waited too long. I made a discovery that as you age your bucket gets smaller and eventually doesn't have enough room to store even the smallest of list. When I was young I wanted to be a graphic designer by trade and I did that. I started with nothing and still have most of it left. I got married, had kids, and then grandkids. I can't really think of much else I wanted but didn't get. I did learn the difference between want and need, that is the best lesson you can learn.
MtnManJohn · 56-60, M
Well said.
lasergraph · 70-79, M
[@8744,MtnManJohn] Thank you
I’m at the point that any fun thing that I can do out of ordinary routine is good enough at my age.
lasergraph · 70-79, M
[@16806,cherokeepatti] I understand, it is the revelation that comes with age, too bad I couldn't have figured it out in my twenties. I could have saved a lot of time.
Excellent point. A lot of things I would have put on my bucket list when I was 20 no longer interests me. You are definitely right about the difference between a want and a need. For the longest time I wanted a Presidential Rolex watch. I tried a couple on. I could easily afford one, but now I don't have any desire for one anymore. These days my bucket list revolves more around traveling the country in our RV. We are retired and we have the time.
lasergraph · 70-79, M
[@78387,Stereoguy] Priorities change with age and you eventually wake up to find your life was pretty good after all.
[@1319,lasergraph] Yes it was. 🙂 I have way more stuff then I need. These days I just want to relax and travel. My wife can't fly so we bought a RV.

I Have Random Thoughts