I Love Myths and Legends From All Cultures

THE TALE OF TWO WOLF'S The Tale Of Two Wolves ONE EVENING, AN ELDERLY CHEROKEE BRAVE TOLD HIS GRANDSON ABOUT A BATTLE THAT GOES ON INSIDE PEOPLE. HE SAID "MY SON, THE BATTLE IS BETWEEN TWO 'WOLVES' INSIDE US ALL. ONE IS EVIL....
2
|
The Absarkoe or Crow people tell the story of how the world began: Once there was only water, and Old Man Coyote. Coyote needed someone to talk with and soon found two ducks. He asked the ducks to check whether anything was under the water – one duck...
3
|
From ancient Persia The Bundahishn of the Middle Persian era tells of the world created by the deity Ahura Mazda. The great mountain, Alburz, grew for 800 years until it touched the sky. From that point, rain fell, forming the Vourukasha sea and two ...
1
|
I Believe In Mermaids 💜💙
13
|
I find that myths and legends often contain some of the most interesting and unique stories you can find. It's always difficult (at least for me) to predict what's going to happen next because such unexpected things take place. They're...
1
|
0
|
I’m fascinated by all Pre-Christian myths such as Norse mythology, Greek mythology, Egyptian mythology and the way some of them tie in with astronomy and modern science. But I don’t know anything about Ancient British mythology. Anyone know of Briti...
5
|
Which myth or legend do you find most interesting?
1
|
It means you must read some diverse stuff! But it can be quite entertaining, and similar themes pervade, and prove there's nothing new on the planet! You just need to compare them and see!
4
|
A Maori Myth Rangi (the sky father) and Papa (the earth mother) originally lay one on top of the other in close embrace. But so close was their embrace that there was no space between the two for any of their children to live, Their children held a m...
4
|
What's your favorite myth or legend? I'm fascinated by stories of creatures like the goatman, dogman, etc.
0
|
As a Frank I have a deep interest in Frankish legend and the tales of the Merovingian kings and princes, but too there are myths and legends of my people's neighbours the Alans, the Helvetii, and the Celts, all very interesting to me. Cultural ...
2
|
From a very young age I would read Greek and Norse mythology all the time. Since then my love for them has only grown. I have been looking into other cultures myths and legends and they all amaze me! I'm Canadian so the best myth I can come up...
1
|
I love fables❤️
7
|
Tales from various regions and their particular lore is always fun to read about to pass some time. Not saying that I wouldn't read about them if I were never bored, though.
2
|
There's a legend that if you go take a shower and scream, "mom!" three times out loud a nice lady will appear with the towel you forgot.
8
|
The Seventh son of a seventh son. Or the Seventh daughter of a seventh daughter. Anyone have perspective?
1
|
I remember being little n having the Greek myths read to me by my sister I remember having a tear shed , n happy joyous moments , but most of all I was enthralled by them♥️
9
|
While I am an atheist, I am fascinated by pagan religions and neo-paganism. It's odd I know but, the idea of people reconstructing ancient Greek, Egyptian, or Norse faith and worship is kind of inspiring in a way.
1
|
I've studied the Inca, the Aztec the Mayan and others. Each has their own distinctive set of rules that they follow. One of the more interesting are the Maori from New Zealand. All those tattooed symbols! And each one has a meaning, it's n...
6
|

I Love Myths and Legends From All Cultures | Similar Worlds