I Believe In Karma

Does Being a Christian Allow The Idea of Karma?

Perhaps, when Jesus of Nazareth talked to the crowd ready to stone to death the woman taken in adultery and said the person without a sin cast the first stone he was alluding to karma in a way.

He also set the pattern do unto others as you would have them do unto you, which is a very reflective statement insofar as to suggest the need for thought before action, and to detach both a sense of passion and your ego from a situation before you act.

Cause and effect is a pattern in kabala, Jewish mysticism, which he would very much have been versed in as a Jew and a rabbi, and having taught at the synagogue and in the temple in Jerusalem.

So, yes, the idea of karma does have a resonance for Christians of which ever denomination.
hunkalove · 61-69, M
Jesus gave the best definition of karma I've ever seen--"As you sow, so shall you reap."

FurryFace · 61-69, M
if Karma was real why would we need a Judgement day
LaPrincesaMorta · 22-25, F
[@1155,FurryFace] Good question! We have that as the final test as to our true nature, and our worthiness to be the children of God.
Sibo191 · 36-40, M
I guess in a way.. most basic do good go to heaven do bad go to hell.
Oystercult · 36-40, M
Karma is just a deeper vedic understanding ...of what Jesus thought ..in my perspective

Even the greats Like Rudolph Steiner resonate the same understanding :)
They have [i]some[/i] in common, but you don't need to get too deep into the complexities of both of them to realize they are incompatible

I Believe In Karma
Religion