I Have Something to Say
Only logged in members can view the full post, comments, images and videos.
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[c=#800055]Translation
🇺🇸 The American says: - Hi, where are you from?
🇲🇽 The Mexican responds: - Hi, I’m from Mexico.

🇺🇸 American: - Aahh! The land of el Chapo Guzmán, drug traffickers, marijuana, crime y blackmail.
🇲🇽 Mexican - Excuse me, you’re an addict right?

🇺🇸 American - No!!! ¿Why?

🇲🇽Mexican: -Because if you were a sports enthusiast you would have identified my culture with; Ana Guevara, Hugo Sanchez, Julio Cesar Chavez, El chicharito Hernández, el Canelo Alvarez, Rafael Márquez, etc.

🏰 and if you were into culture, you would have asked about our great civilizations like the Mayas, the Aztecs, the Olmecas, or the Chichimecas.

🛫 and if you liked to travel you’d have asked about our archeological ruins, colonial cities, our grand metropolis’ or our exuberant beaches, or about our biodiverse jungles, beaches, deserts or forests.

🎨 if you were an artist youd have identified me with our grand painters Diego Rivera, Rufino Tamayo, Frida Khalo, José Clemente Orozco, or composers like: Agustín Lara, Consuelo Velázquez, Armando Manzanero, Juan Gabriel, Jose Alfredo Jimenez, or our writers and poets: Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, Juan Rulfo, Octavio Paz, Juan José Arreola, Elena Poniawtoska, Amado Nervo, Jaime Sabines, our inventors and scientists: Manuel Mondragón, Guillermo González Camarena, Luis Ernesto Miramontes, nuestros scientists: Ismael Rodríguez, Emilio Fernández, Alfonso Cuarón, Guillermo del Toro, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Emmanuel Lubezki including Luis Buñuel that while being Spanish he chose to become a naturalized Mexican.

🌮 and if you liked food and we’re into cooking you’d have asked about the Tacos, Tamales, la Cochinita Pibil, the Mole, the Adobo, chilaquiles, Chiles en nogada, Guacamole, el Pan de Muerto, etc.
Or our drinks; pulque, tequila, mezcal, wine and the beer.

💫 Instead, I see that you only know about the providers of your addiction!!!

I just want to prove that Mexico is a lot more that what the ignorant people think. That there a lot of honest Mexicans, That even if we don’t know you we will welcome you into our homes and you’ll love knowing us and visiting us, because Mexico Is even more amazing Than what I could ever tell you!! 🇲🇽

So be careful foreigners, learn and read about our culture, country and countrymen so you can form you own educated opinion !!

unknown author[/c]
dreamsicle · 41-45, F
I’m addicted! To tacos and horchata!
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[@678425,dreamsicle] lol 😆 me too
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
Gracias por compartir esta cuenta. :)
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
(Estoy de acuerdo.)
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[@417823,lovelywarpedlemon] muchas gracias. Todos necesitamos nuevas perspectivas de vez en cuando 😊
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
[@7704,KaysHealingPath] es la verdad jeje
MethDozer · M
I will never get the difference in some calling me a gringo and me calling them a beaner.
[@7704,KaysHealingPath] I think both words can be equated in terms of derogation.
MethDozer · M
[@7704,KaysHealingPath] [@7704,KaysHealingPath] It has a derogatory tone in your story here.
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[@420709,Antiquity] he asked what the difference was between beaner and gringo.
You can agree that beaner is a racial specific term used for Mexicans
Where as gringo is not racial specific; meaning anyone of any nationality or origin can be a gringo it’s not limited to white people.
His argument is that they’re equal and I do not believe they are nor will any dictionary equate them.
The equivalent of beaner in terms of racial specific slurs would be cracker.

He still chose to pick this as an argument instead of focusing on the point of the post.
Fungirlmmm · 46-50, F
Okay I read the Spanish version but I'm going to answer in English. You made some good points. I guess I'm a traveler because I was thinking, isn't she going to mention all the great views and cultural experiences in Mexico? When they build the wall I hope Americans are still allowed to travel there. I would miss the Riviera Maya especially. I have enjoyed tanning there at Thanksgiving time several years.
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[@1433,Fungirlmmm] i love it all
Minus the crime
Hopefully the new president will crack down on the crime
I learned something today. I never thought of it this way.
Lolco · 36-40, M
💯!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[@386022,Lolco3] gracias corazón 💓
Lolco · 36-40, M
[@7704,KaysHealingPath] nothing but the truth! ♥️
I love this. It is a shame that our country seems to be indentified mostly by its political injustices, but there is so much more to it.

I admire you for constantly recognizing them and embracing Mexico's humble beauty with the rest of the world.
Northwest · M
Don't expect the average Gringo, to be appreciate Mexico's culture. It's not an accident Trump chose to attack Mexicans, calling them rapists, murderers, etc. He was pandering to an electoral base that feels the same as he does.

Fortunately, the majority did not vote for him. When I think a trip to Mexico, I think Pyramids, ancient cultures, great civilizations, urban planning, wonderful architecture, monuments, exploring out of the way restaurants, etc. Not much of a "going to lay in the sun for 14 days" type of guy.

I hope the new President brings some much needed law & order.

As to this whole debate over Beaner vs Gringo, the use of Beaner, is 100% consistent with racism, while Gringo is mostly used to refer to the people who don't speak Spanish, or assumed not to speak Spanish.
KaysHealingPath · 31-35, F
[@9416,Northwest] 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼
Thank you

I Have Something to Say
Other