I Challenge You to Challenge Me to Write

For the October 17th Challenge

It's one of those days. One of those very special days where you could be anyone or anything you want to be, and not be ridiculed for it. It's a magical night, with all it's hidden terrors, spooky revelations and, of course, all that candy.

Looking back, it may have been a little insane with all the things we used to do during Halloween. Walking in the moonlight through the graveyards, waiting to see what magic would happen. Getting dressed in our disguises and wandering throughout the local neighborhoods. Then coming back to compare the stash that we received. Everyone, adults included, seemed to have that impish touch within them, seeing what tricks may be in store.

No matter how old you are, Halloween still has a little magic in store. It's like a spell comes over you at the end of October. And, as you sit under the moon and stars and feel the crisp fall air, that magic creeps over you once again. So whether it is going to be parties to go to, kids to take out or staying home to pass out the treats, have a BOOTIFUL night.
ChampagneOnIce · 46-50, F
I love it! So true. I still love Halloween.
ChampagneOnIce · 46-50, F
[@91967,ReneeT] We usually just give out candy, but I like decorating and dressing up in costume and seeing the kids in theirs.
ReneeT · 61-69, M
[@327203,ChampagneOnIce] Our house is on a road that never gets any kids. I do decorate the front of the house and I have got a lot of compliments from people who have seen it.
ChampagneOnIce · 46-50, F
[@91967,ReneeT] That’s awesome! Good for you. I love this time of year with the holidays!
DragonFruit · 61-69, M
Nicely written....not that I agree with the premise, but you conveyed your Halloween feelings beautifully.
ReneeT · 61-69, M
[@475592,Dragon56] Thank you. Halloween was a lot of fun at times but I know some really never liked what it may have represented.
rjc36 · 56-60, M
Your story brings back memories. Very nice.
ReneeT · 61-69, M
[@810330,rjc36] Thanks. It was fun thinking about it all over again
Jlhzfromep · M
Nice description of the Halloween feeling
ReneeT · 61-69, M
[@27856,Jlhzfromep] Thank you!