I Need Help

Please anyone that has been able to live past triggers or bad thoughts based related to abuse that may have happened in your life, please i need advice. I have triggers from certain words. They're not bad words, but when they come from a boy i have triggers. I had one some minutes ago, and i don't like how it affects me or how i feel. It is irritating. Words like 'Goodnight, bye bye,' or some beautiful words, from boys can cause triggers for me. If it comes from a girl i don't feel anything like that or more specifically i prefer such words from girls and not boys. Please, anyone who can help as well please give me advice.
1
|
Can repetition correct this? In your mind, those words mean a certain thing, if you confuse the meaning perhaps it will correct it. So what you do is record the words that trigger, attach the recording to something else and then keep hearing it over and over until the old painful memory no longer triggers.

Would that work, or is that just too painful to attempt?
RoyX54 · 31-35, M
I don't know. I haven't tried that before. Right now I feel tired because i think i resisted the irritation in my mind. I'll maybe try what you said. I'm scared of saying things over and over. I don't want it to be a part of me to say repetitions. Thank you for your comment. I appreciate.
IBHappy · F
Go see a therapist and get some help. You need to explore the past abuse and trauma related to the triggers to understand it and move past it. If you have unresolved trauma see a therapist that practices with EMDR. If you don't know what it is Google it.
RoyX54 · 31-35, M
@IBHappy: Hi. I'm sorry i'm replying now. Right now battery's 4percent. I'll message you when my battery's fuller please.
IBHappy · F
Ill try to get back with you when I can. I'm at work now, so it's harder for me to chat.
RoyX54 · 31-35, M
@IBHappy: Hi. You at work or free?

I Need Help
Categories: Dating and Relationships, Relationship Struggles

Please anyone that has been able to live past trig... | I Need Help | Similar Worlds