I Can't Cook to Save My Life

Yup. Today I thought I'll do the family tea for everyone getting in. Everyone being my parents and 2 brothers. Normally tea is 4.30-4.45, give or take. Now how hard can mince and dumplings, potatoes and veg be? The dumplings would have been less burned if they'd been cremated, the potatoes were barely done, the onions were far too thick, the veg was ready 10 minutes before the tatties, and I didn't do enough gravy!!! Gutted!!! Still, I tried, eh? No one complained, but their faces told me they won't be recommending I follow a culinary career path...
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
[image deleted]
Join the club hun!! 🤷‍♀️
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
[@801038,KatyB] Don't remember much a la carte fine dining, in the likely lads or when the boat comes in!! 🤔
KatyB · F
[@763897,Harriet03] Nah, Gateshead was built on kebabs and fish and chips!! They were before my time, but I get the drift - gritty NE working class, heart attack on legs diet...
Harriet03 · 41-45, F
[@801038,KatyB] I'd be happy with just grapes! 🍷
TheSunisout · 56-60, M
Oh well you tried, cooking is practice, I expect next time will be better😊
TheSunisout · 56-60, M
[@801038,KatyB] See you know what to do, just youtube what you want to cook to get some tips thats what I do.
KatyB · F
[@11430,Thesunisout] I could live on JT, willingly. The laws of cooking don't apply when I try - I swear the boiling point of water temporarily changes for me!!
TheSunisout · 56-60, M
[@801038,KatyB] lol, you will get better in time you will see😊
Ian123 · 61-69, M
You cant expect every thing to work out first time, Im sure even the best chefs had bad days
KatyB · F
[@899452,Ian123] If it was the first time, I'd have been happy no one was poisoned! But it's not even the first time I've done the tea myself!
Ian123 · 61-69, M
[@801038,KatyB] Dont worry, I used to cook for my family when I was younger and had the same experience as you 😄
geoam1 · 51-55, M
The more you try cooking the better you will get at it. Everyone who cooks has to learn. They just don't make great food all at once
KatyB · F
[@100938,geoam1] Well the bonus is it can't get much worse!!
TAReturns · M
My culinary skills begin and end with spelling culinary correctly :)
KatyB · F
[@329057,TAReturns] Well that's where autocorrect is useful too!! 🤣
th3r0n · 36-40, M
You can always learn, it's good that you wanted to try to do something nice for everyone
id defmake u that chicken kebob thing. u said u like no problem lol. here

I Can't Cook to Save My Life