Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Why don't friends want to pay for your services?
I am a Graphic Designer working for a small company. Though small we have big clients. I do freelance on the side. I get asked by friends often for logo's and vector art. The problem is they often want it for free or a really low price.

As a designer I can't spent so much time on a design for little pay. They don't understand how hard it is to make unique designs. After work, I am stressed, tired, mentally and creatively drained. For me to put that much time and effort into a design for free or a low price is unacceptable.
1
|
Starcrossed · 36-40, F
Happens to so many. Stick to your guns.
kydflash · 26-30, M
[@580386,Starcrossed] Thank you, will do.
Mamapolo2016 · 61-69, F
So many people think it’s unfriendly to charge your friends a reasonable rate for work. I think it’s unfriendly not to want to pay it. Would they give you a used car or let you live at their house free?
kydflash · 26-30, M
[@663519,Mamapolo2016] So true, I always give them a big discount as well.
DeWayfarer · 56-60, M
Sadly now days it's not so much who you know rather how wealthy are those you know. It's also sadly comes under the name "social networking" meaning those you know that are wealthy. :(

Personal, Thoughts & Feelings

Why don't friends want to pay for your servic... | Personal, Thoughts & Feelings | Similar Worlds