Any one else getting sick of the constant self pity posts on here?

I keep seeing heartbreak and self harm posts and pity me posts ffs get a life people. SW is not the be all and end all of the world.people come here to have fun.not see this shit show every day 馃槖
JustcallmeNameless31-35, F
Deesa123F
[@585989,Lissa] Hey im not on about you. I know you are going through some genuine stuff on here with your bf
I'm on about those who post constantly about self harm and wanting to die and depressing relationship stories.its making me depressed 馃槒
Deesa123F
[@1168552,JesseCraft] who are you calling idiot???
RubySoo51-55, F
[@585989,Lissa] dont be sorry. There should be place here for us all....not just the jokers in the pack.
Longpatrol26-30, M
er not exactly. Great that fun may be had here but it's not the original intention of the site
MagentaF
[@645510,Longpatrol] Exactly.
Deesa123F
[@645510,Longpatrol] yes i know.but it gets depressing
Miram26-30, F
Stop whining

You are ruining the fun, so much negative energy.
Nanori26-30, F
Ppl come to this site to not be dictated about the things they can or can't talk about
MagentaF
Too much of [u]anything[/u] gets like that, but, this is also a place for expression and some may need that for catharsis.
RogueLonerM
[@1173,Magenta] Complaining about excess is catharsis too. 馃き Damned if you do and damned if you don't, how 'bout it? 馃槈
MagentaF
[@609293,RogueLoner] ;-)
Meatboy18-21, M
I'm just tired of the trolls who don't mind their own business 馃檮

A lot of people genuinely feel upset, so instead of complaining how about you just help people
Deesa123F
[@1168552,JesseCraft] how about stop complaining here and get a life in the real world.
it can sap the energy for sure
but they need an outlet
and we know by now who'll do that
Meatboy18-21, M
[@1077581,ammelee] Totally
lovelife3126-30, M
These people just want you to feel sorry for them.Fuck them.
Pity people get a life.
helenS31-35, F
As opposed to you, I think it's great for those people to have a public platform where they can talk about their problems.
As far as I know this site's predecessor ("Experience Project"??) was specifically designed as a platform for people with issues.
Picklebobble256-60, M
Lot of folk feeling tired and maybe a bit hard done by for one reason or another.
Been a cr馃叞锔弍 year and nothing seems to be heading upward. So people venting is understandable, even if it doesn't make happy reading.
RogueLonerM
I do sometimes, but [b]I'M[/b] not allowed to mention it lest I be labeled a "mean spirited, uncompassionate, rude, abusive bully". So please continue.
The ones which really get annoying are the suicidal ones who 'threaten' 馃檮 to leave the site forever every other day, only to return an hour later. It gets old.
Deesa123F
[@609293,RogueLoner] my point exactly.i come here less and less now.place is so depressing
Keepitsimple51-55, F
The other night I freaked out on here from just this same topic. I have been tormented for about 2 years now on whether or not to stay. I notice that when I am here I can be dragged down deep and it sucks because I鈥檓 actually a pretty positive and silly person. I don鈥檛 want to admit this but I think I鈥檝e outgrown the site. I鈥檓 ready to surround myself with likeminded people who aren鈥檛 sex shopping and looking to get over on people. I don鈥檛 want to pretend certain things are ok when they aren鈥檛. I don鈥檛 want to be a therapist either. We just don鈥檛 have enough people here where people get lost in the mix and we meet new people here. There are some remarkable people here though that I enjoy talking to so I get sucked back in. They keep me here. I wish some of the great people would come back but wish them well and I admire their strength to get the hell out of here.
MagentaF
[@11509,Keepitsimple] I completely relate. When you've outgrown it, but can't seem to pull the plug.
Keepitsimple51-55, F
[@1173,Magenta] I will at some point. I鈥檝e been in that cycle of 鈥渒eep pushing through it鈥. I鈥檓 stubborn and hopeful and beat a dead horse but I鈥檓 tired. I have to break it off and find things that actually make me the best I can be.
MagentaF
[@11509,Keepitsimple] Same. 馃
To fucking bad your fantasy life has to be interrupted by someone else's reality..
Deesa123F
[@349735,onestarrynight] sw is not my fantasy life.its just a drop in for whem I'm bored.i have a real life.and if i did have a fantasy life it certainly wouldn't involve here.馃槀
Personally I鈥檓 far more irritated by political and conspiracy theory posts, but good luck telling those who deal in them to take it down a notch. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

I also automatically ignore any religious proselytizing.
Keepitsimple51-55, F
This too. I wish we didn鈥檛 have to block or mute a person for their political views and tirades and just block topics or keywords because some people are versatile as far as their posts and generally great to interact with.[@845169,LaneOfTheWired]
4meAndyouF
It is usually the same people. If you've responded to them once and they aren't helping themselves, then they become perennial Debby Downers. Or, as I like to say, Black holes that suck you in. I like to block them once I identify them.
Deesa123F
[@387713,4meAndyou] yeah certain people are repetitive in their behaviours here.i dont mind helping people but some just suck the life out of you.and their posts are so god damn depressing.
4meAndyouF
[@1105544,Deesa123] Block them. You will feel happier.
RubySoo51-55, F
Most people come here just for giggles. But not all. The people that vent, moan and groan, seek genuine understanding or a spot of advice has just as much right to be here as anyone else.
It might be true some just post about their sadness. But if you dont like their posts.. ignore or mute. Many people come here simply to post naked pics off the internet for others to lear after (i mute then)... and folk accept that?
Part of the readon this site .. and EP was set up was as a place to find like minded people, to find support and share experiences.
Honestly....a place like this is the only outlet some people have. Please dont begrudge them it.
Deesa123F
[@329653,RubySoo] i dont mind people venting but I'm finding more and more people here just seeking attention with their victim mentality posts.my life is far from easy and i have real issues too. but i dont feel the need to broadcast it here everyday.i feel embarrassed for these people.
RubySoo51-55, F
[@1105544,Deesa123] but thats their way of coping with their shit.
Just coz its not yr way doesnt make it wrong. I understand what you are saying but sometimes 'seeking attention' is a cry for help.
Never under estimate the power of a kind word. It really can make such a difference. Truly it can.
Please....just ignore them if they get to you. I understand that too....but sometimes a person really has nowhere else to get things off their chest.
JoePourMan61-69, M
I think you need to be more understanding. You are not compelled to read or respond.
Some people don't have a safe outlet to talk about this in real life. If it helps them to express deep seated feelings and emotions here, you should be happy for them. Let those who care, respond.
BlondeeF
Yes I hate the whoa is me pity parties. Lots of things to be grateful for even with the pandemic going on.
Deesa123F
[@605074,Blondie04] Thankyou i was starting to think it was just me 馃檮
Xipooh26-30, M
I mean the intention of the site is to find other people with similar experiences. If people wanna shit post that's cool, i do it too but for peeps like that it's usually their only place of expression. You could always just mute them if it bothers you.
William131-35, M
The fact that you have a choice of what posts you read or decide to contribute to the conversation is what blows my mind with some of these ridiculously insensitive comments! Fuck you to make a point of writing about someone else's sadness is bothering you. Go back to playing with your little dicks. Throwing comments like that at someone who is not asking for anything from you, she's allowed to be sad.