Do you run when you get scared?

When in a relationship I mean, or even prior to it if you start getting feels for someone. Do you run bcoz you fear opening yourself up like that again? Where there's a chance you could get hurt again... It's a risk, no?
Neuroticnelly · 36-40, F
Ive been married for 13 years and Im still running. I dont have friends and Im not close to anyone but my dog.
TheGoodGuy · 36-40, M
[@383883,Neuroticnelly] What makes you run? What are you running from?
Valdaine · M
I tend to shut down sometimes if it gets overwhelming.
TheGoodGuy · 36-40, M
[@573519,Valdaine] It sucks when you can't get out of that rut hey? It's like everything is right there in front of you but you just can't reach it 😑
Valdaine · M
[@551840,TheGoodGuy] true
TheGoodGuy · 36-40, M
[@573519,Valdaine] I know that place.
BlueMetalChick · 26-30, F
Actually, I run away because I'm scared of hurting them. I did it last time. Really, really badly. And I haven't forgiven myself yet.
TheGoodGuy · 36-40, M
[@6579,BlueMetalChick] At least you recognise that you did something wrong and feel bad about it, not all people are like this, some will hurt people and don't even give a crap. It's through that feeling bad that you'll make sure that you won't do it again.
seadog · 46-50, M
I don't even put myself in that position. I would rather not have any involvement. I was married for 25 years. The last 10 years she had several boyfriends. I had no idea. We had quit having sex those ten years but dumbass me stayed true and didn't know until I had the stroke and she kicked me out of the hose and stayed separated for three more years. We were going to get a divorce I begged her to come back I still loved her then I found out she had been lying and cheating on me the last ten years. I was in shock. The last ten years maybe more was a lie. When I found out she was cheating I was through. It has been a mind f..k every since then the last ten years of my life didn't exist. So no I don't put myself anywhere near someone else. I don't trust anyone. I shouldn't have trusted her. We spent our whole adult life together.
TheGoodGuy · 36-40, M
[@1203508,seadog] I'm so sorry that happened to you. I hate cheats, and liars. There are some good people out there still, don't give up on finding love again ❤️
lovelywarpedlemon · 26-30, F
i've resorted to barely leaving home within the last several years. but i'm forced to put myself out there again soon. after 2nd vaccine.