What’s Your “True Love” Success Story? Does it even exist? (Read for more)

[c=#BF0080]I want to read your success stories, of how you found “the one”.

There’s so many horror stories out there when it comes to love and dating and I need to lighten up my own mood. I haven’t been feeling the most optimistic when it comes down to matters of the heart, and.. “men”.

I’ve been mislead, dragged through the mud and left for dead. I’ve been manipulated into believing that what “we” had was the real thing. I’ve been hurt to the core, to the point where it makes me even question if I’ll ever end up with my true soul mate, [i]if they even exist.[/i]

However, I’m wise enough to know that not all men are the same, and at some point I have to hold myself accountable for the types of men I entertain and the red flags I ignore, regardless of “empathy” and feelings.

Feelings can cloud judgment, and emotions can block discernment ([i]I’m sure.[/i].)

But I do still believe in true love. ([i]Healthy love[/i]).

•What should women look for when trying to figure out of this man is truly serious about being with her? [i](I’m sure saying it isn’t enough, because some people lie.[/i]

•How did you know?

•When did you realize they were the one?

•What are your love languages?

•How to make a relationship last, even through trying times?[/c]
exexec · 61-69, M Best Comment
i probably had seen her hundreds of times at school, her grandma's house two doors down from mine, at parties, etc. Then there was the time when we were 15 and I walked into a room, someone called my name, and she looked at me and smiled. I was hooked! I asked her out, and she turned me down because she was "sick." So I decided such a beautiful girl was too much for me. Then she asked me to be her date to a dance. Almost eight years we got married and are still married. Not much of a story, but true.
tj78610 · 46-50, M
[@11378,exexec] It's a great story!

if they found love, they wouldn’t be here cheating 🍵
tj78610 · 46-50, M
[@1046537,DamnFeelz] You know, beauty is definitely something you can see in 2D, BUT, absolutely nothing compares to the touch of a dear partner. That requires 3D...
Mrowe718 · 36-40, F
[@1046537,DamnFeelz] the weirdest part is being messaged “hey beautiful”. Can’t...see...my...face... lol I do not respond to any messages because I don’t want to give an impression of interest. Some inboxes have actually been quite pleasant though, usually In response to some of my questions. Great advice I’ve received from some men on here. Not everyone is a douche, just...don’t reply.
tj78610 · 46-50, M
[@1062502,Mrowe718] I understand that completely.

I haven't sent a PM here ever, and while I'm not saying I never would, it would be rare and for a reason I've not yet run into.

Keeping it public keeps it saf[b]er[/b].
DamnFeelz · 31-35, F
Turning on notifications for this one 🍿
Mrowe718 · 36-40, F
[@1046537,DamnFeelz] same for me girl, I was being facetious af lol
InvisibleAnne · 26-30, F
[@1062502,Mrowe718] Yes! I really enjoyed that one. It was too cute and didn't make me completely reconsider my relationship with technology, haha
DamnFeelz · 31-35, F
I don’t think it’s just SW that has this human connection issue. The site exists to fill a void of some kind for everybody who is here. That said, statistically, people who use the Internet to satisfy their social outlets tend to have maladaptive/atypical social behaviors add/or emotional intelligence, so the vast majority of people on a social forum will likely have relationship difficulties [@1062502,Mrowe718]
Beatbox34 · 26-30, M
I could say the same above but for "women".
Mrowe718 · 36-40, F
[@476293,Beatbox34] we’re doomed.
Blondie04 · F
I found mine years ago in a bar. lol

It lasted because we have a lot in common and accept each others flaws.

There is no secret. You just have to find someone who you are compatible with.
Mrowe718 · 36-40, F
[@605074,Blondie04] I like this answer. I believe this to be true. But isn’t it possible to have things in common and still not be..compatible? I’ve experienced this too. Me and a guy had loads in common, music, art, the food we love, down to our personality traits and the way we interact with people. But deep down he was a very, dark person. A Druggy, and mentally ill that used drugs to self medicate. Never cared to seek help. Blamed the world for his shortcomings as a man. Other than all that, we were “cool” but he was dangerous (and abusive..) We had LOTS in common though...

But in all actuality.... Finding love isn’t far fetched and not everyone on SW is a loser who is seeking acceptance on a website (let the ppl in the comments tell it, everyone on here is a lost cause lol)
Blondie04 · F
Thank you. Thete are a lot of decent people online. But I wouldnt look for love online myself. Good luck in your search.[@1062502,Mrowe718]
Mrowe718 · 36-40, F
[@605074,Blondie04] I for sure wasn’t hoping anyone had any “online dating” success stories lol no way. Just in general.

I guess people in the comments are saying that folks on SW don’t really seem to have that good of a “reputation” in the relationship realm, hence their being here. I don’t believe that all to be true. This is just another outlet...