Why am I so lonely ? Why don't I know how to be alone ?
2
|
There ia no corrext way to 'be alone' or 'be with others'. If it feels wrong, perhaps you should change it?
I know that feeling - though rexognising that it doesn't suit you is the beginning of something at least
colourlessflower · 18-21, F
Is it so wrong to just have the need to be with someone ? [@826678,Jouskan47]
No - it is not
Were you alone as a kid or did your parents and family do everything with you to the point where you didn’t know how to play by yourself?
Your being by yourself doesn’t have to be painful. Have time with others, time by yourself. You have to learn to entertain yourself whether it’s through exercise, reading, cooking etc. enjoy your own company. You are looking at being by yourself as lonely because you have never learned to enjoy your own company. [@519380,colourlessflower]
colourlessflower · 18-21, F
I guess enjoying myself, time with myself is something I have to work on. I've never seemed to like myself very much. [@4813,MissMollyCharlotte0702]
It’s not about liking yourself..it’s about doing things you love doing but on your own.[@519380,colourlessflower]
gmatthewb · 46-50, M
Lack of experience I would think. Being alone takes time to get used to. Most people prefer to have others around that don't make them feel lonely though. I would suggest finding something that you can do alone that you enjoy that will help you feel less lonely. Audio books work well for me.
MartinTheFirst · 18-21, M
Because you havent worked on it. Time to catch up..
You can't be alone all the time.. You could feel lonely like that
ozgirl512 · 22-25, F
Best get some practise in then., being alone in the quiet stillness of your thoughts is natural, nay, it's imperative... If those moments scare you then it's time to change
TexChik · 36-40, F
You need someone to share life with . Until that day comes enjoy what you have , do something meaningful for yourself . Change your routine , go to new places . Meet people
Justmerae · 51-55, F
That's hard for me,too.
I came from a big family and was the youngest girl.
I am not always happy being solitary.
Zonuss · 36-40, M
Because you were told that being alone is either weak or inadequate.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

Why am I so lonely ? Why don't I know how to ... | Dating & Relationships | Similar Worlds