I Hate Mowing the Yard

I just bought an old fashioned reel mower!

I've had so many lawnmowers breaking down over the years. I got tired of taking them to shops and buying new ones, putting gas and oil, trying to figure out what was wrong with them, etc....I had heard great reviews about reel mowers, so I decided too try one. All I can say is WOW!! These things are awesome! And they cut better than my old gas push mowers!! Anyone else tried one?
MrBrownstone · 41-45, M
I’ve not. They look hard to push.
Mardrae · F
[@1149,MrBrownstone] not at all. It's really no different than pushing a gas mower honestly. It is more of a workout and takes a bit longer than a gas mower, but it gives an amazing cut and is much cheaper than a gas mower.
Azlotto · M
They do a great job.
BreezeyBree · 56-60, F
When I bought my first one... a really reel oldie...my children thought I was nuts! Now, one daughter has one for her own yard and another daughter is buying one soon.
I have a gas one too, but much prefer the reel type.
Mardrae · F
[@1210541,BreezeyBree] I don't think I am ever going back to a gas mower. I love this thing!
[@1206142,Mardrae] The good thing is that they don’t make a whole lot of noise, if the grass is not damp with dew you could get up early on a Sunday morning and start mowing and the neighbors wouldn’t complain. Also it’s a hassle to clean out from under a gas mower, all that grass that gets stuck up under the mower, with the reel-type mowers you won’t have that problem.
Degbeme · 61-69, M
The newer one are a whole lot better than the ones when I was a kid. Mind you they were made a lot better back then.
the landscapers can use whatever mower they want as long as the lawn looks like green carpet
My grandpa had one when I was very young and we’d push it to play with. That’s all he had to cut his lawn. Keep the blades sharpened and it should work very well.
Budwick · 70-79, M
Yeah, they are great.
They actually CUT the grass.
It's not something ripping the top off the grass blade.
Reel type mowers provide the best appearance IMO.
Mardrae · F
[@841775,Budwick] I agree! And you don't have to buy gas or oil!
Budwick · 70-79, M
[@1206142,Mardrae] [quote]And you don't have to buy gas or oil![/quote]

And, Ibuprofen is cheap!
What brand is it and where did you buy it?
Mardrae · F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ZK5V2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MY08HP4F26DX1V5H3E7D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Mardrae · F
[@16806,cherokeepatti] hope that link worked.I got it on Amazon
wildbill83 · 36-40, M
they work well for low cut grass, haven't used one in years. I have too much yard to use any kind of push power however.
Eddiesolds · 56-60, M
They are perfect for small yards. Yes I have.
smileylovesgaming · 26-30, F
All was curious how good those mowers are.
Mardrae · F
[@576182,smileylovesgaming] they're amazing. It actually cuts lower and better than my gas mower ever did. I highly recommend!

I Hate Mowing the Yard