I've Made Mistakes In Life

I’m such a sucker.

I have a friend going through a divorce. I remember what that’s like. Life turned upside down. Moving. Stress. Fighting.

I bought her a present. Something for her that she couldn’t afford right now. A little luxury that she didn’t have to feel guilty about having.

It got to her yesterday and not a peep. No thank you, no nothing. She. An complain in real time, but say thanks? It seems I have to wait. Sigh. I’m such a fool.
3
|
Some people just assume things, and don't realise that all one needs in return is a simple thank you!

I bet she's too overwhelmed and is thinking of what she can buy for you in return. 🤗
uncalled4 · 51-55, M
Wait and see how she handles it. My guess is she's overloaded
I agree with Vivaci. Probably overwelmed. If you never get a thank you....remember it was given out of love and consideration! No thank you required in any gift given with that in mind.
76starships · 41-45, M
True there. I’m definitely overthinking it. [@9884,RenaissanceMan]
[@248232,76starships] yes.
ChampagneOnIce · 46-50, F
She’s going through a lot. I find having expectations of others based on how you would react or behave often leads to disappointment. Hopefully, she’ll thank you, but you gave the gift out of love and compassion so check your expectations at the door. Just my two cents.
76starships · 41-45, M
Well said. I was patient and she did give me a very nice thank you. Writing this and the responses was a good reality check. [@327203,ChampagneOnIce]
ChampagneOnIce · 46-50, F
[@248232,76starships] Sometimes we all need that! :)
She could have had a lot on her mind but could have said thank you, there so many ungrateful people these days. I will let you know that your not a fool for wanting to make her feel better.

I've Made Mistakes In Life

I’m such a sucker. I have a friend going through... | I've Made Mistakes In Life | Similar Worlds