Science & Technology

Which is better cremation or burial?

burial also pollutes the groundwater from body fluids leaching into the groundwater, don't drink tap water near a cemetery, bugs will eat you while buried, cremation skips the scary decomposition process.
But cremation creates pollution…
Victorian · 51-55, F
[@470400,Somewhereovertherainbow] both has it's cons.

The thought of bugs and worms eating my body terrifies me. What if the fluids from my body gets into the groundwater?
[@671977,Victorian] me too … actually there’s a new method of cremation that’s supposed to be environmentally friendly… my daughter is studying to become a funeral director … she’s stronger than me lol
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
[@671977,Victorian] You’re not gonna know about the bugs and stuff. You’ll be dead.
Pinkstarburst · 51-55, F
If you don’t get embalmed you just go back into the earth. Kinda that circle of life thing. Chemical free and nutrients for the little patch of ground you’re in. It’s not like you’re gonna know you’re decomposing.
SarahAndSamantha · 46-50, F
Just throw me in a hole and cover me with dirt
Notanymore · 36-40, M
Just toss me over the fence and let the birds and yotes have a good day too
I don't care if I'm cremated but I want to be buried next to my son.
Allelse · 31-35, M
Apparently sky burial is good for the environment, it's when they leave your corpses up on top of hills and cliffs, and vultures and other scavengers come and gnaw on you.
Northwest · M
My instructions specify cremation. A company in Seattle is advertising a quick composting solution that I am looking into. The solution might be burial at sea. A vessel takes you out to deep waters and drops you off. Fish takes care of the rest, ver little energy waste, and a fair outcome given that my main source of protein is fish.

Science & Technology